Cancer 2nd Time Around

DebraS
DebraS Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
Today should have been a 1yr celebration for husband being cancer free but it quickly turned sour when we learned the results of his CT Scan showed some nodules in my husbands lungs. Previously he had cancer of the Partotid gland and after a year and a half of surgery, chemo and radiation we finally thought we were going to be able to get on with our lives but now we starting out again on a path of the unknown.

We're not sure if it's cancer but the likelihood is high, not sure where to turn who to talk to.

Comments

• nicmarie75
    nicmarie75 Member Posts: 57 Member
    My grandfather had this
    My grandfather had this cancer, I had never heard of it before his diagnosis.
    I dont have any advice, but I will send prayers your way that it is not back. Hugs to you!
  • rbw60
    rbw60 Member Posts: 13
    2nd Time
    Tell him he is not alone, just found out on Monday my cancer has returned, this time to my right lung. I just finished Chemo and 37 rad treatments last fall.
    We will go through this together. Hoping for the best,

God Bless

Robert
  • DebraS
    DebraS Member Posts: 2
    rbw60 said:

2nd Time
    Tell him he is not alone, just found out on Monday my cancer has returned, this time to my right lung. I just finished Chemo and 37 rad treatments last fall.

God Bless

Robert

2nd Time
    Robert thank you for your email, I'm sorry you have to go through this again.
    Do you mind if I ask... what was the first cancer (Lung)?

How do you deciede between surgery and radiation and chemo?

We see my husbands doctors on Tues. just trying to prep for the meeting.
    -Debbi
  • cabbott
    cabbott Member Posts: 1,039 Member
    DebraS said:

2nd Time

-Debbi

Problem Solving
    Before they can decide treatment, they have to know what they are treating. It could be cancer, but it could be something else. They only know for sure what it is after they examine it under a microscope. THEN they can tell if it is cancer and get a handle on what kind of cancer it might be. In my case, they had to do microgenetic analysis of the nodule that showed up on the CAT scan to determine whether it was lung cancer or breast cancer that had moved to the lung since I had a previous history of breast cancer. In my case it turned out that I have both lung cancer and breast cancer, both stage 1. It was super important to have the operation to find that out, because the treatment for breast cancer differs from the treatment for lung cancer. The chemotherapies are different and the surgery is different. For breast cancer that is moved to the lung for example, no more surgery is needed but you have to have chemotherapy. For lung cancer, stage 1, the lobe or even the whole lung is removed and in my case chemo was not advised. So make sure of the diagnosis before you get treatment plans in place.
  • rbw60
    rbw60 Member Posts: 13
    DebraS said:

2nd Time

-Debbi

DebraS 2nd time
    I have Head and Neck, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, it appeared to be gone but my Oncologist said there is a chance of a few cells floating around. He was right, it reappeared in my right lung. That means it is not lung cancer, but the same cancer that metastasized in my lung.

The first time I went for the most aggressive treatments that were available, 4 kinds of Chemo and 37 rad treatments. I do not know what can be done yet, still waiting for all tests and a consult.

My Head neck was severe and in operable due to the stage, size of tumors. It started in left tonsil, and spread down lymph nodes on both sides of neck, he said if it had reached my lungs it would be terminal. It has now reached lung and is a very fast cancer, this tumor grew to 1/2 inch in a few months between CTs.

Good luck, hang in, pray and never give up,

God Bless,

Robert
  • kabdlatif
    kabdlatif Member Posts: 2
    rbw60 said:

2nd Time

God Bless

Robert

Sharing to all
    Hi im already help few people with lung cancer or any kind cancer n they survive until know with god willing if u fren interested plz email to me kabdlatif@yahoo.com i will reply ur email.
    tq