Stage IV Lobular BC patients?

Rivergal
Rivergal Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, this is my first time here. I'm hoping to hook up with other patients with Stage IV lobular breast cancer. I was dx last July. I had no lumps and have no symptoms! No chemo, no radiation, no surgery other than the original biopsies on my breast and 2 vertibrae. I'm very grateful not to be suffering as so many others are doing, but I just don't know what to expect for the future... near or far. Anyone else like me out there?

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Sending Hugs
    So very sorry you are going through this........I'm sending prayers....but may I ask why you have had no treatment what so ever? How was it found?

Again, sending prayers
    Peace be with you
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Hi!
    Rivergal - I can't compare notes as I have a different kind of BC but just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome!

Chris
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    MAJW said:

Sending Hugs
    So very sorry you are going through this........I'm sending prayers....but may I ask why you have had no treatment what so ever? How was it found?

Again, sending prayers
    Peace be with you

Welcome rivergal! So sorry
    Welcome rivergal! So sorry that you found us because of your bc. I am also wondering why you aren't having any treatment. I guess I don't understand your type of bc.

But, good luck to you!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Hi!
    Rivergal - I can't compare notes as I have a different kind of BC but just wanted to say "Hi" and welcome!

Chris

Just saying hi to you and
    Just saying hi to you and welcome! I hope someone replies to you that has your type of bc.

Good luck!

Sue :)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Welcome
    Rivergal,
    lobular was a part of my tumor in addition to invasive and and ductal. It was staged IIIC and I had everything,mastectomy, Chemo, radiation and hormonal.. I cannot help you with pure lobular diagnosis, but I am sure others will step in.
    Good luck,
    New Flower
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Ritzy said:

Just saying hi to you and
    Just saying hi to you and welcome! I hope someone replies to you that has your type of bc.

Good luck!

Sue :)

Hi Rivergal
    My BC is different than yours, but I do feel that even if your diagnosis is different then some of ours that the boards here can still be of help to you. We are all somewhat in the same boat. You can come here anytime you need to. It's a great place to vent. Welcome
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Kat11 said:

Hi Rivergal
    My BC is different than yours, but I do feel that even if your diagnosis is different then some of ours that the boards here can still be of help to you. We are all somewhat in the same boat. You can come here anytime you need to. It's a great place to vent. Welcome

I had stg 2 lobular. jusst
    I had stg 2 lobular. jusst finished chemo and rads, and will start tamoxifen. did not show up on mammo, didint feel lump until it was large.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    carkris said:

I had stg 2 lobular. jusst
    I had stg 2 lobular. jusst finished chemo and rads, and will start tamoxifen. did not show up on mammo, didint feel lump until it was large.

I'm lobular but stage 1.
    You should check out breastcancer.org. They have a thread for lobular breast cancer as well as one for stage IV breast cancer. You should be able to connect with others in your situation there. Hugs.

Roseann
  • jdubious
    jdubious Member Posts: 113
    Lobular
    Hi Rivergal,
    I was diagnosed with 3B lobular in July of 2004. Had a mastectomy, chemo and radiation. I also had no lumps or symptoms, had been getting regular mammograms, which didn't pick it up. Have you had a second opinion about your diagnosis and treatment?

j.