New Question -------- What is everyone doing this summer?

2»

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    chenheart said:

KathiM, I am starting to worry about you! HA
    You really need to get out more, Kathi~ this staying cooped up can't possibly be good for the psyche~ you are obviously starting to not only hallucinate, but are sharing your visions of grandeur with strangers on the Internet!

Love ya girl! And I know you are laughing right now ( aren't you?!) LOL
    Chen♥

I AM laughing....
    So, what you are saying is that my x-ray showing my cracked elbow, and the picture of me sporting a cast, all of that is my over-active imagination??????

I LOVE your new pic, btw....you have always been a beauty, but this really shows it!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    starting 12 weeks of Taxol and Herception on June 4th

My daughter will go to my mother's in Vancouver for a month sometime in July and return with my mother in August. I will probably take a medical leave of absence from work for the last 4 weeks of the Taxol. I think it might be nice to take a break from work and just hang out with my mother and daughter as best I can those weeks.

Hope everyone's summer is filled with peace, love and plenty of healing.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    KathiM said:

I AM laughing....
    So, what you are saying is that my x-ray showing my cracked elbow, and the picture of me sporting a cast, all of that is my over-active imagination??????

I LOVE your new pic, btw....you have always been a beauty, but this really shows it!!!

BIG hugs, Kathi

Ouch~ yes, Kathi, put that
    Ouch~ yes, Kathi, put that imagination to rest!

The picture is from last Saturday! When my "daughter/niece" and I finished the 5K she snapped the picture! We had a blast~ join us next year, you'll love it!
    My Dr doesn't know that I disobeyed his frowney face and went, but I am not his regular pt anyway, so he will probably wash his hands of me! LOL Out of the hospital on Tuesday, doing a 5K Saturday...whatever was I thinking? LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • lizzgirl10
    lizzgirl10 Member Posts: 4
    this summer
    I am new to the web site/discussion boards. But summer is hard for me to face this year with radiation and Tamoxifen on the horizon. I get warm in the humidity anyways, so I can just imagine hot flashes. I am also fearful of the accompanying fatigue from radiation.
    We are planning to go to the Outer Banks in August and we have a boat that we use on the area lakes during the summer.
    Hope everyone can find some enjoyment during the lazy hazy days of summer....

Liz
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Not much
    I will take my last treatment July 2nd if all goes as planned, then start rads 3 weeks or so???? I think. I have a wedding to go in San Antonio the end of June. Plan on spending as much time as possible while off for the summer with my kids and grandkids!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Not much
    I will take my last treatment July 2nd if all goes as planned, then start rads 3 weeks or so???? I think. I have a wedding to go in San Antonio the end of June. Plan on spending as much time as possible while off for the summer with my kids and grandkids!!

Camping & boating more this
    Camping & boating more this summer, last summer was bad with surgery and chemo and stuff, so I hope to have a good summer this year.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

this summer
    I am new to the web site/discussion boards. But summer is hard for me to face this year with radiation and Tamoxifen on the horizon. I get warm in the humidity anyways, so I can just imagine hot flashes. I am also fearful of the accompanying fatigue from radiation.
    We are planning to go to the Outer Banks in August and we have a boat that we use on the area lakes during the summer.
    Hope everyone can find some enjoyment during the lazy hazy days of summer....

Liz

Just want to wish you good
    Just want to wish you good luck Liz with rads and tamox. Rads will tire you out, but, just try to get more sleep than you would normally. Take naps during the day if you can. They help a lot!
  • pdv
    pdv Member Posts: 56
    Unfortunately I will be
    Unfortunately I will be spending my summer in sunny Florida fighting my bc. I had my port put in a couple of weeks ago then my first chemo eight days ago. Just now finding out what it's like to be a toxic waste dump. Not a fun summer planned but already planning a much more fun summer next year. MONTANA & MOUNTAINS!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    pdv said:

Unfortunately I will be
    Unfortunately I will be spending my summer in sunny Florida fighting my bc. I had my port put in a couple of weeks ago then my first chemo eight days ago. Just now finding out what it's like to be a toxic waste dump. Not a fun summer planned but already planning a much more fun summer next year. MONTANA & MOUNTAINS!

Yes, look forward to next
    Yes, look forward to next year pdv! Good luck with your chemo!
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Rads!
    I just started radiation treatments yesterday (Monday), so I'll be doing rads through most of June. After that, who knows? Maybe, if I'm not too tired and can help drive, we'll visit my older two sons--one moved to Tucson in Feb., and the other lives in Portland, OR. It would be really nice to see the oldest's new home and then hang out in the beautiful Pacific Northwest for awhile!

Sandy
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Rads!
    I just started radiation treatments yesterday (Monday), so I'll be doing rads through most of June. After that, who knows? Maybe, if I'm not too tired and can help drive, we'll visit my older two sons--one moved to Tucson in Feb., and the other lives in Portland, OR. It would be really nice to see the oldest's new home and then hang out in the beautiful Pacific Northwest for awhile!

Sandy

We will be going down the
    We will be going down the shore!! New Jersey shore, (but not like the tv show!. We will be heading there Memorial day weekend for a few days. Then, we go there for day trips and stay overnight. I love to stay at a bed and breakfast in Cape May. It is an old victorian beach town, very relaxing. I live in Philadelphia, so the shore is less than 2 hrs from us and the beach is the place to be in the summer. It has been so cold here lately. If anyone is heading there, let me know. Enjoy
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    summer
    Retiring in July, Vegas the following week, then mammogram, ultrasound etc, the end of July. Then await birth of second grandchild in October.

Judy
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    pdv said:

Unfortunately I will be

You GO, girl!!!!
    That's what I did....planned something for after my treatment!!!! Got me thru some narly moments!

YEA!!!

Hugs, Kathi

BTW, my pic is a fountain in Prague....it was such a hot day....my feet were steaming! Life DOES go on, in a BIG way, if you see it!!!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Summer!
    Last chemo March 24. Expanders/implants exchange July 7!! Happy birthday to me!! Mom just gave me (and my loved ones) an early birthday present: money for BRCAnalysis so I can inform my kids, brother, cousins if I test positive. (Mom tested negative, but my onc wants me to test. Insurance might drop me if they know -- pre-existing condition -- so I need to pay for test myself -- thanks, Mom!) Then, ovaries and uterus out -- yea! Start Tamoxifen or Arimidex -- another potential money problem, but I'm working on that.

In case that sounds grim (I'm eager to get on with the fight, myself), my beautiful children will be home from school. Love, love, love them and how they're growing up so strong and wonderful! My cancer really smacked them upside the head and they've responded with maturity and support.

Hubby's garden, which I can't putter in or eat from right now, but which makes him happy!
  • lizzgirl10
    lizzgirl10 Member Posts: 4
    susie09 said:

Just want to wish you good
    Just want to wish you good luck Liz with rads and tamox. Rads will tire you out, but, just try to get more sleep than you would normally. Take naps during the day if you can. They help a lot!

Thanks---
    Susie,
    Thanks for the well wishes. I appreciate them. I am fearful of the fatigue as I work full time and plan to work throughout the treatment. I am trying to figure out how to nap during lunch!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Rads!

Sandy

Sun, sand and surf!
    Guess where? LOL
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Rads and getting ready to move
    My youngest daughter graduates HS the end of June and 4 days later we take her up to CT to the Coast Guard Academy. I start Rads sometime in July and we are planning to put the house on the market at the same time in preparation for my hubby's job transfer. Not looking forward to the move and the need to find new doctor's, etc. Trying to decide if I will come back here for reconstruction with my PS or find a new one in the new state. UGH!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hi guys
    I love hearing about everyone's summer plans. The husband and I have several trips planned this summer. Our "big" vacation will be the first week of July, hopefully. We're planning on going to New Brunswick, Canada and Prince Edward Island. We're staying in this wonderful hotel and really living it up, with spa treatments, wonderful meals, horseback riding, and visits to the "Anne of Green Gables" sites and the Bay of Fundy. Very very excited.

We also have two weddings to attend. One in Portland, Oregon at the end of August and one in Boston in October. Well, I guess that last one is in the fall. Hope everyone has a wonderful summmer.

Mimi
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    mimivac said:

Hi guys
    I love hearing about everyone's summer plans. The husband and I have several trips planned this summer. Our "big" vacation will be the first week of July, hopefully. We're planning on going to New Brunswick, Canada and Prince Edward Island. We're staying in this wonderful hotel and really living it up, with spa treatments, wonderful meals, horseback riding, and visits to the "Anne of Green Gables" sites and the Bay of Fundy. Very very excited.

We also have two weddings to attend. One in Portland, Oregon at the end of August and one in Boston in October. Well, I guess that last one is in the fall. Hope everyone has a wonderful summmer.

Mimi

Exchange surgery
    I took my vacation to the Caribbean in February, right before my bilateral. So, no summer vacations for me!

I will have my implant exchange surgery in July. That's my big summer plan! Can't wait to get these expanders out and finally sleep the night through on my side! :)

Have a great one, everybody!