Dumb question??

jannie_
jannie_ Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
,,,but what is dancing with NED or NERT...as you can tell I am fairly new!

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    ♥ Hi Jannie ♥
    NED means no evidence of disease, and, is what we all pray for. We always say we are "dancing with NED". I am not for sure how that started, but, I like it! NERT is the same thing. I think Traci's oncologist told her that, rather than the NED. And, NO question is dumb, especially on here, so, ask anything. Also, welcome to the site!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • jannie_
    jannie_ Member Posts: 12
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Hi Jannie ♥
    NED means no evidence of disease, and, is what we all pray for. We always say we are "dancing with NED". I am not for sure how that started, but, I like it! NERT is the same thing. I think Traci's oncologist told her that, rather than the NED. And, NO question is dumb, especially on here, so, ask anything. Also, welcome to the site!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Thanks Jeanne, I like that:)

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    jannie_ said:

Oh...no such thing as a Dumb Question!
    It is the nicest thing, isn't it??? And NED is such a fantastic dancer...DWTS are rank amateurs compared to the likes of our favorite dancing partner! And even better than that, we are never competitive with each other nor are we jealous...we love hearing the music play and know that NED has another partner lined up~ the more the merrier. He never ever tires and loves all of the music we play....:-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    chenheart said:

Oh...no such thing as a Dumb Question!
    It is the nicest thing, isn't it??? And NED is such a fantastic dancer...DWTS are rank amateurs compared to the likes of our favorite dancing partner! And even better than that, we are never competitive with each other nor are we jealous...we love hearing the music play and know that NED has another partner lined up~ the more the merrier. He never ever tires and loves all of the music we play....:-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Nothing that you ask here is
    Nothing that you ask here is dumb, nothing. NED has already been explained to you, but, many don't know that term. I think when we all first posted here and saw it, we were all afraid to ask. LOL Yes, some of us are big chickens. So now you know and you will hear that term inre to you!

Sue :)
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Thanks
    Thanks for asking Jannie I was wondering the same thing!
    God Bless Janice
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Thanks
    Thanks for asking Jannie I was wondering the same thing!
    God Bless Janice

Chen puts it (everything actually) so perfectly!
    I love the comparison to DWTS! I've been dancing with NED since my re-exision biopsy last 8-09 but didn't know it til my mastecomy in Sept 09 when the biopsy of my breast tissue reported there were no cancer cells found in the tissue! But I didn't realize I was dancing with this great guy until just a few months ago after reading everyone talking about it here. I didn't post much until after my chemo was finished in Dec cause I was too sick. Imagine my thrill the day I connected my biopsy report with that handsome guy whose such a great dancer!

He is my hero! You guys are my saviors tho.

Hugs, Judy :-)