In need of a good surgeon for DIEP flap tissue procedure...

miya
miya Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone know of an excellent plastic surgeon outside of Utah who performs this procedure?

Thanks.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Welcome Miya
    How far are you going to travel?
    New flower
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Welcome Miya
    How far are you going to travel?
    New flower

I know of one in
    I know of one in Philadelphia, Pa...but that may be too far. He performs at a great hospital in Philly too. The hospital is Jefferson Hospital.
  • seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    In Texas
    In Texas the most well-know places are M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston (#1 cancer research center in TX), another place in San Antonio (can't remember the name), but My Surgeon is Dr. Michel St. Cyr at the University of Texas Southwest Medical Center in Dallas. He has done a great job and knew just what to do when I had some unusual complications.

You may not want to come this far South, but that's what I know.

be well, seof
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    seof said:

In Texas
    In Texas the most well-know places are M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston (#1 cancer research center in TX), another place in San Antonio (can't remember the name), but My Surgeon is Dr. Michel St. Cyr at the University of Texas Southwest Medical Center in Dallas. He has done a great job and knew just what to do when I had some unusual complications.

You may not want to come this far South, but that's what I know.

be well, seof

I know one in boston.

I know one in boston.
  • mkscolar
    mkscolar Member Posts: 3
    DIEP Procedure
    I don't know of a doctor in Utah but I had the procedure done in Milwaukee, WI. My doctors name was Dr. Thomas Kinney. I love my results. Good luck!!!!
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    I have a great plastic
    I have a great plastic surgeon at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Palo Alto, California. Near Stanford University, in fact the surgerys are performed there. He performed my DIEP flap and now I am waiting from chemo and rads to finish before having the final. He has plenty of before and after photos, is very caring and dedicated. Don't know how far you are willing to travel though.
  • TulsaMomof3
    TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105

I have a great plastic
    I have a great plastic surgeon at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Palo Alto, California. Near Stanford University, in fact the surgerys are performed there. He performed my DIEP flap and now I am waiting from chemo and rads to finish before having the final. He has plenty of before and after photos, is very caring and dedicated. Don't know how far you are willing to travel though.

Dr Bajaj in Oklahoma City
    Dr Bajaj in Oklahoma City did mine she was great
  • jdubious
    jdubious Member Posts: 113
    U of W
    Dr. Mathes at the University of Washington Reconstructive Surgery is awesome!

j
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    surgeon
    Hi Miya,
    My surgeon is Dr. Schusterman in Houston, Texas. He has pioneered this surgery and my breast dr. won't use anyone else. My surgery is June 14th and will be done at Texas Women's Hospital in Houston. Dr. Schusterman has trained and worked at M.D.Anderson also.

Good luck to you!