Second round of TAC chemo last Tuesday and still feelin queazy!

caligirl1
caligirl1 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone. I've been reading the posts how I should drink lots of water but it makes me feel worse. It just sloshes in my stomach and makes me queazy. I'm taking nausea meds but they're not helping a lot. What else can I do?

Thank you everyone!

Carol

Comments

• WarriorDiva
    WarriorDiva Member Posts: 1
    Talk to your doctor & try Vitamin Water
    Your doctor might be able to help you fine tune your meds. Give them a call. Don't wait until your next visit. With the drugs they have today, there is little reason to be miserable.

I also found that Vitamin Water helped. Look for the ones with electrolytes. They tend to be the pink and purple ones. I prefer this brand to Gatoraid since it doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup.

Putting a little lemon in your water might make it easier to stomach as well.

Hang in there!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Talk to your doctor & try Vitamin Water
    Your doctor might be able to help you fine tune your meds. Give them a call. Don't wait until your next visit. With the drugs they have today, there is little reason to be miserable.

I also found that Vitamin Water helped. Look for the ones with electrolytes. They tend to be the pink and purple ones. I prefer this brand to Gatoraid since it doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup.

Putting a little lemon in your water might make it easier to stomach as well.

Hang in there!

Ginger Ale worked best for
    Ginger Ale worked best for me with saltine crackers, vanilla waffers, french fries, milk shakes. Eating often small amount of food and drink. I also could not drink plain water, it would make me sick, but I could add flavor to the water and be ok. I just lived on this kind of food until I felt better. Hang in there it will get better.
  • caligirl1
    caligirl1 Member Posts: 7
    Kat11 said:

Ginger Ale worked best for
    Ginger Ale worked best for me with saltine crackers, vanilla waffers, french fries, milk shakes. Eating often small amount of food and drink. I also could not drink plain water, it would make me sick, but I could add flavor to the water and be ok. I just lived on this kind of food until I felt better. Hang in there it will get better.

Thanks so much for the help.
    Thanks so much for the help. I'll try the vitamin water and adding a little flavor to my water. How long did it take before you felt better?

Carol
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Carol
    I had some similar problems and really just found drinking after chemo difficult - there was just nothing that appealed to me. My onc told me to drink what sounded good whether it was a variety of water, gatorade, juices, popsicles, pudding pops, slushees...anything. What I am able to drink varies from minute to minute for several days after chemo and then I am usually able to handle water.

I also asked my onc about using omeprazole (prilosec OTC). They checked with the onc pharmacist and they all agreed it was OK for me to take. I start it two days before chemo and take some Gas-X as well and continue it until my stomach settles down after chemo. It has really helped minimize the queasiness and bloating and improved my appetite. But be sure to check with your doc if you want to try somthing like this.

Good luck!!

Chris
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I also like Smart Water, all
    I also like Smart Water, all of the electrolytes and no flavoring. Many also drank Crystal Lite, and had success with that. When you say it "sloshes" in your stomach, maybe you are downing toooo much water at one time! I found it helpful to just keep water nearby, and sipped, sipped, sipped during he day. I also ate tiny bits of food~ crackers, cheese, and my FAVORITE snack was frozen grapes! Refreshing, long-lasting, watery and fruit. I also ate fruit popsicles, and watermelon. I liked things which were cold/frozen and healthy...but we all react differently, thats for sure!

I hope that you get lots of suggestions, and that more than one of them helps you! Nausea is not a fun thing at all!

Hugs,
    Chen♥