New Question -------- What is everyone doing this summer?

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is planning for this summer. Any vacations planned, a new job, retirement, the end of your treatments, just laying around and enjoying life?

We were planning on going to the gulf for vacation. But, with the oil spill, which is so sad, I think we may alter our plans. So, what are you doing and planning?

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Vacation!
    I love summer! My husband and I have rented a beautiful cabin/house down south. We have been there before and really enjoyed it! It is always good to get away! Have a good summer Susie!
  • valerie5267
    valerie5267 Member Posts: 2
    This summer
    I hope to be back to work by the start of summer! I will be finishing up radiation treatments in less than 2 weeks....and I'm on the job hunt. Very stressful I must say! My daughter will go to summer camp and my husband will just continue working. It's the same old routine for us! We are looking forward to the warmer weather and spending alot more time outdoors as a family.

~Valerie
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

This summer
    I hope to be back to work by the start of summer! I will be finishing up radiation treatments in less than 2 weeks....and I'm on the job hunt. Very stressful I must say! My daughter will go to summer camp and my husband will just continue working. It's the same old routine for us! We are looking forward to the warmer weather and spending alot more time outdoors as a family.

~Valerie

Taking Arimidex
    And working and playing with the two grandkids and loving no more treatment!! Simple is just fine with me.

Victoria
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    aisling8 said:

Taking Arimidex
    And working and playing with the two grandkids and loving no more treatment!! Simple is just fine with me.

Victoria

I'm with you, Victoria...
    I start the Arimidex on June 1st, hopefully fly to California for a memorial service at Malibu beach on June 12th, then to Costa Rica for the month of July. Last year my plans were cut short (as was my boob-age)I was detected with bc a day before flying to CR. So I only went for a week. YOU OWE ME!!!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Mama G said:

I'm with you, Victoria...
    I start the Arimidex on June 1st, hopefully fly to California for a memorial service at Malibu beach on June 12th, then to Costa Rica for the month of July. Last year my plans were cut short (as was my boob-age)I was detected with bc a day before flying to CR. So I only went for a week. YOU OWE ME!!!!

I like what you wrote
    I like what you wrote Victoria, Simple is just fine with me! Me too! So far, everyone's plans sound great!
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Who knows?
    3 Weddings 5/29, 7/3 & 7/10. Camping Memorial Day & Labor Day. Working (no time off for awhile - used up with BC)

And, like a few of my sisters, starting Arimidex. I've had the meds for almost 2 months, but I wanted to wait til warmer weather so I could really gauge the effects. However, here in upstate NY, the temp tonight will be 26!! We had snow Sat & Sun. Yikes!

Sue
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    summer
    I am having a bi-lateral mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction on June 14th. I work at an elementary school, so I am happy to have the summer to get my health back and rest. I am scared, though. I think about it everyday. (sorry to be such a downer)
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    jphilpo said:

summer
    I am having a bi-lateral mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction on June 14th. I work at an elementary school, so I am happy to have the summer to get my health back and rest. I am scared, though. I think about it everyday. (sorry to be such a downer)

You are not a downer
    When we have something like this before us, well it's hard to think of anything else. All of us are in different stages, me - 2 months post rads and starting Arimidex. On the bright side, I am happy that you will have the summer to recover from surgery and gain strength. Rest. Read. Lounge. Relax. Keep posting.

Sue
  • lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    summer
    Well, I am working this summer (which is a good thing) and going to NYC to visit one of my daughters. I am also having some thyroid issues....my second ultrasound had little white dots, and the technician drew a line/arrow towards them. Unfortunately, they look just like the little white calcification dots from my breast cancer testing. Trying not to over-react, and still looking forward to summer!!! What I would really like to do is go on a cruise somewhere, anywhere!! :)
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    lizzie17 said:

summer
    Well, I am working this summer (which is a good thing) and going to NYC to visit one of my daughters. I am also having some thyroid issues....my second ultrasound had little white dots, and the technician drew a line/arrow towards them. Unfortunately, they look just like the little white calcification dots from my breast cancer testing. Trying not to over-react, and still looking forward to summer!!! What I would really like to do is go on a cruise somewhere, anywhere!! :)

a week at the lake, and
    a week at the lake, and recovering, building my stamina, nutrition, tamoxifen. and just keeeping busy.with some rest.
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm embarassed to say.....
    Travel to my other home in The Netherlands. Cruise the Medeterranean. Visit the wine country in Germany for my birthday....

Hugs, Kathi
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    lizzie17 said:

summer

There are some great deals on cruises....
    Travelocity has a weekly 'top 20' email...

Also, CruiseCon has a newsletter...

Hugs, Kathi
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    KathiM said:

Travel to my other home in The Netherlands. Cruise the Medeterranean. Visit the wine country in Germany for my birthday....

Hugs, Kathi

Retiring at the end of June...starting my eldest granddaughter's High School Memory quilt...taking another granddaughter to sewing classes...transporting other grandkids to swim team... and off to California...the beach..aunties..cousins (taking two grandkids with us)...fun!
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    have lot of fun
    I am going to virgin for family reunite. I going to take my four year old. On a train ride and to sea world and florida to disney. I would like to make two week trip to hawaii. Then spend a least two three days in las vegas by myself. And long romance week in with my husband he deserve it.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    bjmom1 said:

have lot of fun
    I am going to virgin for family reunite. I going to take my four year old. On a train ride and to sea world and florida to disney. I would like to make two week trip to hawaii. Then spend a least two three days in las vegas by myself. And long romance week in with my husband he deserve it.

Summer Celebrations~
    ~our 25th wedding anniv. is coming in June, we are headed back to Maui for a week of layin' on the beach, eating great food, and driving the island in a convertible (since I didn't get one for my big bday back in march). Plus some camping trips this summer around the state. Probably will read some good books too!
    Melanie
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    Summer? What Summer
    I just returned today from a trip to CA to visit my alter ego. The weather was just right. We live on the WA coast and don't quit expect much of a summer. Will be busy with a construction project for an ADA bathroom for my husband. Maybe the sun will come out, get up in the low 70's if we are lucky, take the dogs to the beach and get sand all over their bodies. Maybe I will get my Yamaha 250 out of the garage and go for a spin, on a sunny day. If I am lucky the sea gulls won't fly over too close, again. Bombs away.
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441

Summer? What Summer
    I just returned today from a trip to CA to visit my alter ego. The weather was just right. We live on the WA coast and don't quit expect much of a summer. Will be busy with a construction project for an ADA bathroom for my husband. Maybe the sun will come out, get up in the low 70's if we are lucky, take the dogs to the beach and get sand all over their bodies. Maybe I will get my Yamaha 250 out of the garage and go for a spin, on a sunny day. If I am lucky the sea gulls won't fly over too close, again. Bombs away.

holiday!
    We're going to Portugal to the Algarve for 1 week near the end of June and i cant wait!! woop woop!!! Just a whole week of being lazy in the warm weather,eating,possibly have a few drinks (i rarely drink alcohol) and just enjoying my time with my hubby and daughter.

Thats is.......if that bl**dy Icelandic volcano stops bellowing out its ash all over the place so we can fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARRGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    KathiM said:

Hugs, Kathi

KathiM, I am starting to worry about you! HA
    You really need to get out more, Kathi~ this staying cooped up can't possibly be good for the psyche~ you are obviously starting to not only hallucinate, but are sharing your visions of grandeur with strangers on the Internet!

Love ya girl! And I know you are laughing right now ( aren't you?!) LOL
    Chen♥
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Vacation here I come!!
    Since last summer was taken up with surgeries and chemo and we couldn't go on our yearly one week vacation to a beautiful cottage on a lake in Northern Michigan, we are going for TWO weeks this year!!! Leaving July 16th and coming back July 31st. Each of my sons and their significant others are coming up for a few days at a time (not enough room for all of us at once). Just plan to relax, boat, and do whatever we feel like doing!

Hope you all enjoy your summer plans! To those who will be in treatment, this too shall pass......I know it seem daunting but there is light at the end of the tunnel...OK enough of the cliches!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    pattimc said:

Vacation here I come!!
    Since last summer was taken up with surgeries and chemo and we couldn't go on our yearly one week vacation to a beautiful cottage on a lake in Northern Michigan, we are going for TWO weeks this year!!! Leaving July 16th and coming back July 31st. Each of my sons and their significant others are coming up for a few days at a time (not enough room for all of us at once). Just plan to relax, boat, and do whatever we feel like doing!

Hope you all enjoy your summer plans! To those who will be in treatment, this too shall pass......I know it seem daunting but there is light at the end of the tunnel...OK enough of the cliches!

West!
    My husband and I are going out West this summer! Going to take in the sights, shop, relax, and, we are going to a dude ranch, which sounds like a lot of fun. Hope they don't put us to work!

HUGS!