Results after surgery

birdnighter
birdnighter Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Good Morn..all,
I had the second look surgery along with hysterectomy on 4/22 I am slowly healing from the abdominal incision.Although it was questionable as to the need for further surgery i decided to follow my Dr's expertise as to the normal standard of care.Fortunately it was a good call in retrospect.After removing some suspect nodules from the ovaries affected along with omentuem (sp) they have been determined to be residual malignent cancer cells.While quite small it is necessary to have further chemo in order to eradicate the persitent disease.I am relieved to find them now rather than later after they have time to grow and multiply.Worst part is my hair has started to grow back and now will lose what little i have..Oh well..We must continue with the good fight.Buon courage as they say in France..Have a good day

Comments

• Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Good news
    Its amazing that the doctors are able to find where the little buggers are (cancer cells) when they are so small. I know having cancer is horrid but the doctors have found them while they are tiny and will be able to do something to get rid of them. Doctors usually know what they are doing and wouldn't recommend surgery if they didn't think it was necessary.

I wish you a speedy recovery & sorry about the hair. Mine is just growing back so I understand how you feel.
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Speedy Recovery
    Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Hugs Bonnie
  • birdnighter
    birdnighter Member Posts: 12
    BonnieR said:

Speedy Recovery
    Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery. Hugs Bonnie

Thank you all so much
    Just wanted to say a quick thank you for your responses.. and hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day! Each and every one of you ladies is very kind and caring...Susan (SC)