Locks of Love post from daughter

Jacque101
Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's almost Mother's Day and one of the gifts I got from my daughter was her post on Facebook. While I can't get you to her facebook post...I have stolen a few pictures and what she said, and posted them on my expressions page. This was a total surprise to me. When I first found out I would lose my hair...she offered then to cut it for me. She and her boys also wanted to go bald. Since they live 500 miles from me...I told them one bald head in the family was enough, as I was sure, no one would be seeing my beautiful bald head...wigs, hats, scarves, etc. Now that I have just finished my chemo, I have let my kids and husband get a quick look. Since the weather has heated up, my husband sees more of it than I do. A friend gave me one of those almost human white head stands for my wig, I thought about covering it up in the bed and told him: he'd never know if I were home or not. : )

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU MOMS!

Comments

• Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    I needed a good cry
    Of course I'm sitting in the middle of my office. Thank you for sharing this story and Happy Mother's Day
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    What a beautiful story about
    What a beautiful story about a beautiful mother from her beautiful daughter. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!! Thanks for sharing.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

What a beautiful story about
    What a beautiful story about a beautiful mother from her beautiful daughter. Happy Mother's Day to you, too!! Thanks for sharing.

That was such an unselfish,
    That was such an unselfish, wonderful gift to you from your daughter! I have a friend whose daughter also did that. Happy Mother's Day!
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Beautiful!
    What an unbelievably beautiful and inspiring story! My daughter has been married for 4 years and the road with her husband has not always been easy. My daughter has a checklist mentality - always planning for what she believes should come next in life and my son-in-law is a carefree, spur of the moment kind of guy. Together they matured and gave us a beautiful grandson last year. The day that my daughter and husband shaved my head, there were a lot of tears. My son-in-law called from work during this time and asked if he could go to the barber and have his head shaved in my honor. My daughter asked to do the same. As beautiful as the gestures were, I was in your camp. I was self-conscious enough about my own bald head and sure didn't want to impose even a fraction of that uneasiness on them.

When I had to buy a wig, the only wigs that would fit my head (or were even remotely similar to my now gone hair) were the human hair wigs. I can't tell you how much it meant to be able to find something that gave me some confidence in the toughest situations and I wouldn't have had it but for people like your daughter. You should be very, very proud! Happy Mother's Day!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Beautiful!
    What an unbelievably beautiful and inspiring story! My daughter has been married for 4 years and the road with her husband has not always been easy. My daughter has a checklist mentality - always planning for what she believes should come next in life and my son-in-law is a carefree, spur of the moment kind of guy. Together they matured and gave us a beautiful grandson last year. The day that my daughter and husband shaved my head, there were a lot of tears. My son-in-law called from work during this time and asked if he could go to the barber and have his head shaved in my honor. My daughter asked to do the same. As beautiful as the gestures were, I was in your camp. I was self-conscious enough about my own bald head and sure didn't want to impose even a fraction of that uneasiness on them.

When I had to buy a wig, the only wigs that would fit my head (or were even remotely similar to my now gone hair) were the human hair wigs. I can't tell you how much it meant to be able to find something that gave me some confidence in the toughest situations and I wouldn't have had it but for people like your daughter. You should be very, very proud! Happy Mother's Day!

Beautiful
    This is a beautiful story and your daughter is beautiful to do this. She is very special.
    Thanks for sharing

Margo

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Beautiful
    That's a beautiful story. Happy Mother's Day.

P
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Beautiful
    This is a beautiful story and your daughter is beautiful to do this. She is very special.
    Thanks for sharing

Margo

P.S. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

This is beautiful! Happy
    This is beautiful! Happy Mom's Day!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Your post was beautiful,
    Your post was beautiful, indeed~ your daughter honors first of all you who raised, nurtured and taught her the Important Life Lessons of compassion and generosity of spirit. She also honors women everywhere, and of course the recipient children who will benefit greatly from her selfless act. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    chenheart said:

Your post was beautiful,
    Your post was beautiful, indeed~ your daughter honors first of all you who raised, nurtured and taught her the Important Life Lessons of compassion and generosity of spirit. She also honors women everywhere, and of course the recipient children who will benefit greatly from her selfless act. Thank you for sharing this with all of us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Wow, what a wonderful
    Wow, what a wonderful daughter! Thanks for letting us know too how great she is!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    jnl said:

Wow, what a wonderful
    Wow, what a wonderful daughter! Thanks for letting us know too how great she is!

♥ What a daughter ♥
    I just saw the pictures of your beautiful daughter! What a wonderful young woman she is! Your post has touched my heart! Thanks!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Jeanne D said:

♥ What a daughter ♥
    I just saw the pictures of your beautiful daughter! What a wonderful young woman she is! Your post has touched my heart! Thanks!

Love, Jeanne ♥

I had a few tears too!
    I had a few tears too! Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing it with us!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Thanks for sharing...
    ... with all of us here, Jacque. Your daughter's amazingly heartfelt and meaningful gesture is an inspiration.

Kind regards, Susan