Weight Watchers - Weigh-in 05/03/10

2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    laurissa said:

Thats great
    Keep on the wagon, I fell off but still holding on!

Great job Janelle!
    Great job Janelle!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    susie09 said:

Great job Janelle!
    Great job Janelle!

♥ Janelle ♥
    Janelle, this is great that you are losing weight and I love how you are posting it. So, hip, hip, hooray for you lady!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Janelle ♥
    Janelle, this is great that you are losing weight and I love how you are posting it. So, hip, hip, hooray for you lady!

Love, Jeanne ♥

WW during treatment?
    I am newly diagnosed (3/29) and have lumpectomy sched for 5/12. I signed up for WW at work that's starting 5/19.

Are you ladies doing WW while you're in treatment? I wasn't sure if I should try to lose weight while doing rads. Is it even possible to do so? My plan is to follow the core, so I'm eating healthier and not 'couting' points. I weighed 216 at the dr this morning, so I'm sure I'm not going to melt away in the next few weeks. I'm just worried about the side-effects of treatment, and wanted to try to change my evil ways now. I will have to use Tamoxifen and am worried about weight gain from that.

I know I should probably ask the doctor about doing WW before treatment is over, but I was afraid she would say NO.. wait...

Thanks for the advice!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ppurdin said:

W>W.
    Good for you.I have lost a total of 30lbs.Its hard work.we can do this.Take care. Pat.

Congrats to all of you that
    Congrats to all of you that are losing weight!
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    JuJuBeez said:

WW during treatment?
    I am newly diagnosed (3/29) and have lumpectomy sched for 5/12. I signed up for WW at work that's starting 5/19.

Are you ladies doing WW while you're in treatment? I wasn't sure if I should try to lose weight while doing rads. Is it even possible to do so? My plan is to follow the core, so I'm eating healthier and not 'couting' points. I weighed 216 at the dr this morning, so I'm sure I'm not going to melt away in the next few weeks. I'm just worried about the side-effects of treatment, and wanted to try to change my evil ways now. I will have to use Tamoxifen and am worried about weight gain from that.

I know I should probably ask the doctor about doing WW before treatment is over, but I was afraid she would say NO.. wait...

Thanks for the advice!

I am a Yo-Yo
    JuJuBeez,
    I am a yo-yo with weight. If you eat healty, I don't there is a problem dieting while on radiation...however, ask your radiation oncologist.

Radiation can make you tired, so I started to exercise to give me stamina. My exercise was walking.

I also did not want to gain weight while on Arimidex (started after radiation), which is why I don't dare go off Weight Watchers while taking the drug. Plus...I want to be a lot thinner than I am.

Good luck.
    Janelle