did someon say "noise"?

cats_toy
cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hope all of you have given your feet a good soaking after all the walking you did yesterday! What an amazing event, and what an amazing day! We were on the road a little late and ended up parking about a mile away and walked in to the event. So many people! So many survivors! Everyone there coming together for the common goal, I loved it. Made me glad I had all of you there to share it with me. I actually did the last mile (and that other mile back to our car )barefoot, my feet don't do shoes well. Got funny looks for that.

I read the posts from cindyflynn, chenheart and aisling8, and it would be hard for me to add anything else. So awesome that Victoria ran into me. It was disappointing that Cindy, Claudia and I couldn't meet up, but we did play a lot of phone tag. The day was inspiring and uplifting to say the least.

Thanks again for letting me share this day with all of you, it made it even more special that way. I only took a few pictures, kinda got lost in the day, and will post them soon.

Cat

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    It was a great day, wasn't
    It was a great day, wasn't it? I am soooo with you on the shoe thing~I was going to rip mine off in the bleachers, but I knew I wouldn't get them back on again! As soon as we got to the car I was in flip-flops and at Paradise Cove, while Reggie was at the bar ordering me a margarita on the rocks, my bare feet were in the sand! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I tried to change my picture to one of Siobhan and me at the finish line, but for some reason it wouldn't upload :( I will try again~ that way anyone who wants to can see what a 60 year old, post surgery tired woman looks like when she is NOT 50'tall!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS Ok~ I was able to upload the picture of me finishing the 5K, it is on my expressions page! I will post more later...especially of the Coliseum! Then everyone will inderstand why we couldn't find each other! LOL
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Congratulations!!!
    I'm so glad you had such a great experience with the Relay. I walked in the Komen Race for the Cure yesterday and posted some pictures in the Expressions Gallery if you're interested in seeing them. It was a very special day, my first as a survivor. It was so moving standing there with all my sisters. I'll be there next year and every year after that. Connie
  • chenheart
    contrail said:

Congratulations!!!
    I'm so glad you had such a great experience with the Relay. I walked in the Komen Race for the Cure yesterday and posted some pictures in the Expressions Gallery if you're interested in seeing them. It was a very special day, my first as a survivor. It was so moving standing there with all my sisters. I'll be there next year and every year after that. Connie

I am going to the
    I am going to the expressions page right now to check out your big day! Nice, connected feeling to know that we were doing something important on the same day!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    chenheart said:

I am going to the
    I am going to the expressions page right now to check out your big day! Nice, connected feeling to know that we were doing something important on the same day!

Thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Thanks chenheart!
    I think experiences like the Relay for Life and the Komen Race for the Cure really help us to understand the enormity of this disease, and whatever we can do to help bring an end to it is all of our goals. Our Relay for Life is on June 11th and I'll be there. Thanks for all of my beautiful sisters who are battling this beast. WE WILL WIN!!!!!! Connie
  • chenheart
    contrail said:

Thanks chenheart!
    I think experiences like the Relay for Life and the Komen Race for the Cure really help us to understand the enormity of this disease, and whatever we can do to help bring an end to it is all of our goals. Our Relay for Life is on June 11th and I'll be there. Thanks for all of my beautiful sisters who are battling this beast. WE WILL WIN!!!!!! Connie

I love your group photo on
    I love your group photo on the expressions page~ I posted a picture of myself on my page as well. I was hoping to switch out the 50' Woman picture for one from the 5K, but for some reason I am not able to figure out how to do that! Seems to me I am following instructions, deleting the old one, inserting the new one, but I either end up with no picture, or the old one! I need to ask a Kindergartner, I guess! LOL

As much as I love the events, I am looking forward to there never being a need for any of them. Wouldn't it be truly amazing for there to be worldwide yearly events commemorating that there is No More Cancer????

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    chenheart said:

It was a great day, wasn't it? I am soooo with you on the shoe thing~I was going to rip mine off in the bleachers, but I knew I wouldn't get them back on again! As soon as we got to the car I was in flip-flops and at Paradise Cove, while Reggie was at the bar ordering me a margarita on the rocks, my bare feet were in the sand! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

I tried to change my picture to one of Siobhan and me at the finish line, but for some reason it wouldn't upload :( I will try again~ that way anyone who wants to can see what a 60 year old, post surgery tired woman looks like when she is NOT 50'tall!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

PS Ok~ I was able to upload the picture of me finishing the 5K, it is on my expressions page! I will post more later...especially of the Coliseum! Then everyone will inderstand why we couldn't find each other! LOL

Claudia, your picture is
    Claudia, your picture is great. You are one beautiful 60 year old!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • chenheart
    MyTurnNow said:

Claudia, your picture is
    Claudia, your picture is great. You are one beautiful 60 year old!!! Thanks for sharing.

Awwwww, thanks! I think
    Awwwww, thanks! I think being 50' tall put me above the ozone layer, and I was spared too much damage! LOL! That, and vanity, in the form of sunscreen and not smoking! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Pictures!
    If you can follow the link below you'll see the pictures that were taken by on of our team leaders. There are lots of them! I'll also post a few of them on my Expressions Page when I get a chance, but that probably won't happen until tomorrow.

I was walking with Team PIHRA (Professionals in Human Resources Assn.). This was the team's 9th year, and as of this year they reached $100,000 in donations. Our team included 5 survivors, counting me.

Can't wait to be a part of it next year. It really did make it more special carrying all of your names with me, thanks to Cat. I got quite a few questions about how many names I had with me. Hopefully we can be better organized next time and actually find each other. You're all welcome to join this team if you'd like!

http://picasaweb.google.com/mdeblieux/Revlon2010?feat=directlink&fgl=true&pli=1#

Enjoy!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

you are radiant!
    OK Claudia, I think you have to be the youngest looking 60 year old I have ever seen. I'm just sayin....beautiful!
    Cat