My son's race for a cure

Cindy Ann
Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone, Happy Mother's Day. My son ran yesterday in the Karmanous race for a cure 5K. this is his first ever doing this. He had planned it before my diagnosis(4/26/10.)He loved it. He said it was the most touching thing he has ever been involved in. At the beginning they brought out about 150 survivors on stage and presented them with roses and pink ribbons with gold medals on them. My grown son cried. But also thought to himself my Mom can make it and be on that stage too.We can all make it. I am making this gift he has given me a tribute to you all.. My sisters. We all deserve this today and everyday. He said he ran with a energy after seeing the survivors like he has never done before. He made sure to get me a bandana and t shirt. He will bring it to me in June. He should be her after my 1st surgery. My last if the pathology is the same as the biospy results.( I know denial but a girl can dream.)I will tell all when my surgery is scheduled. Soon. Cannot stand the waiting. Feel like get it out!!!!!Mind in a better place now. Ready to fight. With a son like this how could I not be. So anyways he did it and I feel like I was right beside him..

Hugs and Blessings to You all,
Cindy Ann

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    What a touching tribute to
    What a touching tribute to you~you have obviously raised a loving, compassionate, as well as an aware son; what a blessing to you and to women in general. Thank you for sharing the experience with us! These good stories bind us ever closer and make the tough days a bit more bearable. The reason you felt that you were right beside him is that you were actually closer than that; he carried you in his heart, much the same as you literally carried him in your womb. It is that whole lovely Karma coming full circle! Happy Mother's Day indeed!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    what a gift
    Cindy, bet this was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend for you. What a great tribute to you.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    Cat
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    cats_toy said:

what a gift
    Cindy, bet this was a wonderful Mother's Day weekend for you. What a great tribute to you.
    Cat

What a wonderful son! You
    What a wonderful son! You should be so proud of him! Be sure and thank him for all of us too!

Hugs, Angie
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    cats_toy said:

what a gift
    Cat

sorry
    the dreaded double post LOL
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    wow
    wow i just love reading your story, you have a great son..girl power
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

wow
    wow i just love reading your story, you have a great son..girl power

This was a beautiful story!
    This was a beautiful story! Hug your son for me!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    DianeBC said:

This was a beautiful story!
    This was a beautiful story! Hug your son for me!

♥ What a son ♥
    Your son is so right....We can all make it! Your heart must be smiling inside and out to know what he did for you, for all of us! Thank you so much for posting this!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks for sharing this
    Thanks for sharing this touching story with us. Please also thank you son for his efforts. You have raised a truly very caring and compassionate son. You are to be congratulated as well.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Thanks for sharing this
    Thanks for sharing this touching story with us. Please also thank you son for his efforts. You have raised a truly very caring and compassionate son. You are to be congratulated as well.

What a son! Loved reading
    What a son! Loved reading this story!

Sue :)