Neulasta

AMomNETN
AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, I'm having my 3rd chemo (Taxotere & Carboplatin) Fri. I get a Neulasta shot then on Monday. Does it wipe anyone else out for a few days? I tolerate the chemo just fine but on Tues after the shot I can barely move. I sleep most of the day and feel awful. It just annoys me to be so lifeless. After about 3-4 days I'm fine and everything starts getting back to normal whatever that is. Thank you for any help.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    2 hours after
    The only 'problem' I had with Neulasta was exactly 2 hours after the shot I went to sleep. Slept a couple/few hours woke up and that was the end of it.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Rague said:

2 hours after
    The only 'problem' I had with Neulasta was exactly 2 hours after the shot I went to sleep. Slept a couple/few hours woke up and that was the end of it.

yes neulasta can make you
    yes neulasta can make you ache to really hurt, I was flu like for 3 days or so, didi not hurt too much. people have variable ractions that are unique to the individual.
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    I get Taxotere and Carbo,
    I get Taxotere and Carbo, with a Neulasta chaser on the following day. I am totally wiped out on the 3rd day after chemo, but I don't know if it is due to the chemo or the Neulasta. I always thought it was the chemo. I don't get the aches that some people get from Neulasta. Hang in there!
    Hugs!
    Jan
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    neulasta
    YES!! I can totally relate. I had chemo on Thursdays, the shot on Friday & was out for the next 4-5 days. It really was awful. I do know that it's not the same for everyone, but it was bad for me. I got through it & you will too. Hang in there & keep writing. We all care & will be here for you.
    Jean
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    The Neulasta for me was far,
    The Neulasta for me was far, far worse than the chemo. Within 36 hours, all 206 bones in my body ached so badly that I could not lift myself out of bed without assistace~ even the bones in my face ached. I did not have a compassionate oncologist AT ALL, and he blew off my protestations of pain saying "most pts have either no, or minimal discomfort"..he offered no advice,and suggested nothing for relief. I used to pray ( not literally) that my white count be high enough so as not to have to get the dreaded Neulasta shot, but it never happened...I remember actually crying just knowing I had to go back to the clinic the day after my chemo to get The Shot.

Of course the good side of Neulasta is, I never missed a chemo due to low white cells, and after 4-5 days, the pain went away...until 3 weeks later!

But that was 7 years ago! I completed all treatment none the worse for wear! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    i had taxotere and cytoxan
    i had taxotere and cytoxan on thursdays annd the neulasta shot on fridays. like you, i tolerated chemo justfine, it was the shot that did me in. however, i also have rheumatoid arthritis so i already had a lot of joint and muscle pain. by tuesday, i was feeling pretty good. i have been done with chemo since april 1 and am starting to feel somewhat normal. so hang in there! you will get through it
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I, too, had my chemo on
    I, too, had my chemo on Thursday and Nuelasta shot on Friday. I had minimal to no side effects from the chemo but did experience the bone pain the other ladies have described from the Buelasta shot. That usually started in my legs on Sunday and also affected my lower back. It wasn't so bad that I couldn't handle it so I took Extra Strength Tylenol for a couple of days. The good news is that soon your chemo will be over and so will the dreaded Nuelasta shot. Good luck and keep up your fight!!
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    I also get the Neulasta
    I also get the Neulasta shot, chemo on Thurs. then shot Friday..It does make me hurt for about 3 days but advil seems to relieve some of that...I was wondering if they check your counts before you get the shot? My doc. said I would get it after each chemo. and they only have me scheduled for bloodwork the day before my chemo. treatment...never in between?Blessings
    Babette
  • AMomNETN
    AMomNETN Member Posts: 242
    waffle8 said:

I also get the Neulasta
    I also get the Neulasta shot, chemo on Thurs. then shot Friday..It does make me hurt for about 3 days but advil seems to relieve some of that...I was wondering if they check your counts before you get the shot? My doc. said I would get it after each chemo. and they only have me scheduled for bloodwork the day before my chemo. treatment...never in between?Blessings
    Babette

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your input. Yes, they check my blood once a week. I also have to iron infusions. They check my blood on Fri. when I have chemo. Then shot on Mon.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    AMomNETN said:

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your input. Yes, they check my blood once a week. I also have to iron infusions. They check my blood on Fri. when I have chemo. Then shot on Mon.

I didn't take chemo, but,
    I didn't take chemo, but, just want to send you a big hug! Hoping your chemo will get easier for you.