This looks like a good book...

Options
D Lewis
D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
edited March 2014 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
"After Cancer Treatment, Heal faster, Better, Stronger" by Julie K. Silver, MD, a Johns Hopkins Press Health Book, 2006. The author is a physician, a mother, and a breast cancer survivor. I was able to order my copy from Amazon.

Three radiation treatments left to go. Finished my final round of chemo this past week and it didn't kill me. Laid me out for a few days and knocked off a few more pounds but I'm back on my feet again.

Deb (Hanging Tough)

Comments

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Congrats Deb
    WTG, you're on your way, don't forget the rads will keep you hurting for a few more weeks. But with them being finished at least now you know your over the hump and it's just a matter of time now, your body is healing.

I just started a book also, Lance Armstrong, "It's Not About the Bike, My Journey Back to Life".

Congrats,
    John
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb
    Glad to hear you are right at the finish line, keep on keeping on
  • Hal61
    Hal61 Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Congrats Deb
    WTG, you're on your way, don't forget the rads will keep you hurting for a few more weeks. But with them being finished at least now you know your over the hump and it's just a matter of time now, your body is healing.

I just started a book also, Lance Armstrong, "It's Not About the Bike, My Journey Back to Life".

Congrats,
    John

Bike
    Hi John, just finished it. It's a great straightforward look at the choices most of us have to make. There is one part you will get to--no big spoil here-where he's in mid chemo and talking with his agent about a sponser's attempt to adbrogate their deal since he looks (to them) like he might not ride again. He gives it some thought, then admits he has to let the subject go for the moment becaude he has more important things to do, . . . "like not puking." His determination is inspiraational, even if the tone of the book is not specifically so. Excellent choice.

Hal
  • stevenl
    stevenl Member Posts: 587
    Options
    3 TO GO
    Hey D,

Way to go girl 3 left. Still thinkin of ya and prayin for ya. All the best from Steve's world.

S
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    stevenl said:

3 TO GO
    Hey D,

Way to go girl 3 left. Still thinkin of ya and prayin for ya. All the best from Steve's world.

S

Almost there
    Oh yeah. Great to hear you're doing good, girl.

Believe

kcass
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    chemo down, 3 rads to go
    that is awesome to hear. so glad you checked in! keep hanging tough woman, we are all pulling for you.