I saw each and every one of you today -- your names on Cat's Toy's back!!!

aisling8
aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
We made a last-minute decision to drive up to L.A. from San Diego, too late to make arrangements to connect with Cat's Toy, Chen, and Cindy. But guess what?? There I am, reaching for a cup of water and I saw Cat Toy's sign!!! What an amazing coincidence. There were probably 50,000 people and that's who I run into.

By the way, Cat's Toy is beautiful inside and out:)

The event was amazing, inspiring, and made me cry. This was my seventh time. First time as a survivor.

Love to you all,
Victoria

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    So glad you made it!!!
    It was so crowded, I couldn't find Cat or Chen, and I didn't even know you were there in the flesh, but I also was able to carry all of you with me thanks to Cat.

That is SO COOL that you actually found her in that mob of wonderful humanity! It really was an inspiring day.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

So glad you made it!!!
    It was so crowded, I couldn't find Cat or Chen, and I didn't even know you were there in the flesh, but I also was able to carry all of you with me thanks to Cat.

That is SO COOL that you actually found her in that mob of wonderful humanity! It really was an inspiring day.

Take care,
    Cindy

sorry I missed you
    Wish I would have run into you, too, Cindy. And thank you also for carrying our names. It gives me shivers every time I see that sign. It is truly amazing that I ran into Cat.

Rest up, it was a long day.

Victoria
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member
    aisling8 said:

sorry I missed you
    Wish I would have run into you, too, Cindy. And thank you also for carrying our names. It gives me shivers every time I see that sign. It is truly amazing that I ran into Cat.

Rest up, it was a long day.

Victoria

I feel so proud that I was
    I feel so proud that I was being represented so far away from my Pennsylvania home. The thoughts are so appreciated.
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thank you, Victoria
    for participating in the event. I was with you in spirit (and on Cat's Toys bib).

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Thank you, Victoria
    for participating in the event. I was with you in spirit (and on Cat's Toys bib).

Sue

that is so cool!

that is so cool!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    carkris said:

that is so cool!

that is so cool!

Cat is a very special lady
    Cat is a very special lady to have all of us on her back. I wonder if we were heavy. LOL
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    susie09 said:

Cat is a very special lady
    Cat is a very special lady to have all of us on her back. I wonder if we were heavy. LOL

Seeing Cat would be cool!
    Seeing Cat would be cool! Thanks again Cat for carrying all of us with you!

Hugs, Debby
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    How Wonderful!
    Sounds like it was meant to be, that is truly wonderful that you were able to meet up with her. I would love to meet some of my sister's in pink. Glad you had a good time!

hugs,

RE
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    I wouldn't guess
    our Cat's Toy to be anything but beautiful inside and out! How wonderful that you were able to find her!And I'm glad that you had such a great time!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I missed it...sigh...
    but I'm glad you could make it!!!! What a grand day it must have been!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    So it was YOU Cat told me
    So it was YOU Cat told me she met! I was hoping that Aisling8 was going to be there, but I don't think I knew your "real" name until just now! I spoke with Cat on the phone after the event, and she told me that she met Victoria when you saw your name on her sign! How awesome!

I made a last minute decision to go, though Reggie was still reluctant to "let" me participate, being that I was still recuperating from gallbladder surgery 4 days earlier. The surgeon was less than enthusiastic about my plan. I promised to take it easy though!
    My niece went with me ( her first time!) and as Reggie had Tribal business in Long Beach he couldn't do the walk, but was always within 20 minutes in case I needed him. I had a blast! I spoke with both Cat and Cindy on the phone, and texted Cindy, but we never did meet in person! I needn't tell you how crowded, noisy, energetic, all-directional, noisy, fun, a buzz, and did I mention Noisy with excitment it was!! LOL I turned my phone up to its highest level but missed half a dozen phone calls anyway! So, amid all of the fun and camaraderie with complete strangers, I didn't get to see my CSN Kindred Spirits, but I knew they were there! And as I mentioned, I was hoping you were too~ so the boards were well represented! YAY

I did pay attention to my Dr,( for the most part) and walking slower than my usual pace, my niece and I did the 5K in 1 hour and 8 minutes, so we were really happy! We both shed tears at the starting line when we observed the Moment of Silence...and the party atmosphere gave way to the Real Reason 45,000 had gathered~being quiet together brought it home, don't you agree?

I also cried coming out of the tunnel and into the Coliseum; the Olympic Torch lit in our honor,the roses handed to the Survivors, and the medals draped over the necks of all of us who completed the 5K spoke absolute volumes, didn't it? Sitting in the bleachers, listening to the music ( I LOVE that group!)and watching thousands and thousands of people stream into the Coliseum is one of my favorite parts of the event. Ok, I admit, it's probably because I am finally sitting down! LOL

My Reggie picked Siobhan and me up, and sweet man that he is, took us to one of our favorite beach places in Malibu, Paradise Cove for an ice cold margarita while I wiggled my tired toes in the sand! Heavenly!!!! I raised a glass to the sisters I didn't meet, so that includes you, too!

We know when the event is next year...let's plan a little better, ok? I don't just WANT to meet my Kindred Spirits, I really NEED to!

So glad you experienced the event as a Survivor!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    chenheart said:

So it was YOU Cat told me
    So it was YOU Cat told me she met! I was hoping that Aisling8 was going to be there, but I don't think I knew your "real" name until just now! I spoke with Cat on the phone after the event, and she told me that she met Victoria when you saw your name on her sign! How awesome!

I made a last minute decision to go, though Reggie was still reluctant to "let" me participate, being that I was still recuperating from gallbladder surgery 4 days earlier. The surgeon was less than enthusiastic about my plan. I promised to take it easy though!
    My niece went with me ( her first time!) and as Reggie had Tribal business in Long Beach he couldn't do the walk, but was always within 20 minutes in case I needed him. I had a blast! I spoke with both Cat and Cindy on the phone, and texted Cindy, but we never did meet in person! I needn't tell you how crowded, noisy, energetic, all-directional, noisy, fun, a buzz, and did I mention Noisy with excitment it was!! LOL I turned my phone up to its highest level but missed half a dozen phone calls anyway! So, amid all of the fun and camaraderie with complete strangers, I didn't get to see my CSN Kindred Spirits, but I knew they were there! And as I mentioned, I was hoping you were too~ so the boards were well represented! YAY

I did pay attention to my Dr,( for the most part) and walking slower than my usual pace, my niece and I did the 5K in 1 hour and 8 minutes, so we were really happy! We both shed tears at the starting line when we observed the Moment of Silence...and the party atmosphere gave way to the Real Reason 45,000 had gathered~being quiet together brought it home, don't you agree?

I also cried coming out of the tunnel and into the Coliseum; the Olympic Torch lit in our honor,the roses handed to the Survivors, and the medals draped over the necks of all of us who completed the 5K spoke absolute volumes, didn't it? Sitting in the bleachers, listening to the music ( I LOVE that group!)and watching thousands and thousands of people stream into the Coliseum is one of my favorite parts of the event. Ok, I admit, it's probably because I am finally sitting down! LOL

My Reggie picked Siobhan and me up, and sweet man that he is, took us to one of our favorite beach places in Malibu, Paradise Cove for an ice cold margarita while I wiggled my tired toes in the sand! Heavenly!!!! I raised a glass to the sisters I didn't meet, so that includes you, too!

We know when the event is next year...let's plan a little better, ok? I don't just WANT to meet my Kindred Spirits, I really NEED to!

So glad you experienced the event as a Survivor!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

For You, Cats Toy!
    Cat~ bumping this one up so you can see it! You helped to make Victoria's day! Thanks again to you!
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    one more thing...
    Victoria, thank you so much for the compliment, but are you sure you don't need to get your eyes checked???

hahah!

and thanks Claudia for letting me see this post!
    Cat
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thank you ladies for taking
    Thank you ladies for taking ALL of us along on your walk. Maybe one day we can all meet each other in person. Wouldn't that be great!!! Meeting the sisters that made that BIG difference in our lives!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Thank you ladies for taking
    Thank you ladies for taking ALL of us along on your walk. Maybe one day we can all meet each other in person. Wouldn't that be great!!! Meeting the sisters that made that BIG difference in our lives!!

That warm, fuzzy feeling...
    Am always so glad to learn of fellow members actually meeting in person - doesn't matter which/who/when/where...

I've experienced it only once myself; therefore, I know that warm, fuzzy feeling! I hope my future holds many more meetings.

Thanks, again, dear Cat - for taking ALL of us along in such a meaningful way.

And, thanks, dear Kindred Spirit - for sharing so many of the details of the day.

Kind regards, Susan - 12/25