Attack of the 50 Foot Woman - Indeed!

cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just as I was approaching the parking lot for the Revlon Run/Walk this morning, my phone rang, and who should be on the line but Chen <3. She, along with Reggie and her niece, had driven down last night and were at the walk!!!

We tried to find each other, the there were truly SO MANY people, it was hard to even stay with the people in the group I came with. I was only able to speak on the phone with both Chen and Cats_toy, but it was wonderful just knowing they were there. I told Chen to make sure not to overdo things, and she assured me that her dear Reggie and her niece would not allow that to happen.

Even more amazing, I texted Chen and Cat when I finished to see how they were doing. Chen texted back that she'd already finished an hour before and was on her way to celebrate with a (well deserved) margarita! I guess having those 20' long legs must be quite the advantage!

It really was a wonderful day and event, and I was able to take all of you with me, thanks to Cat who created the list of everyone's name that she was generous enough to share. I haven't heard back from her yet today, but I'm sure we'll be getting a report from her too.

Love to all,
Cindy

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Thank you!
    For participating and congratulations on finishing. I know you only missed Chen because, her LONG strides kept her just out of your sight.

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Thank you!
    For participating and congratulations on finishing. I know you only missed Chen because, her LONG strides kept her just out of your sight.

Sue

maybe you would have seen
    maybe you would have seen her if you looked up!!! thank you for walking it must have been awesome
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    LOL! It's just that I only
    LOL! It's just that I only needed to take about 10 Super Big steps to walk that far that quickly...it's a genetic curse! I posted about the experience on Aisling8's original post; I hope you and Cat can add your thoughts to it! It was quite a day, wasn't it?

We really need to plan just a bit better...I still can't believe that I didn't see any of your group of 45! And trust me, Siobhan and I looked! I was just thrilled that you were part of such a contingent! Congrats to you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥