I am back from my 1 cancer free day!!Something great happened.

Cindy Ann
Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, My Fellow Sisters. I took a cancer free day. I am newly diagnosed and just got over whelmed. Exhausted. Still exhausted, still overwhelmed but got to stop and smell the roses..I also was overwhelmed by my son and the generous spirit of those that I love. My son is running(a boy who would never wear pink)in the Atlanta's Karmanous Race For a Cure tommorrow. It looked bleak that he would raise his pledge. He was trying but people just were not donating even his team of 10 were struggling. Last night he not only made his plegde but doubled it!!!!! Me joining the sisterhood touched angels hearts and they gave and are still giving. His 10 person team also made their pledges and more. If people like these keep running and walking for a cure one day our daughters and grand daughters may never know the pain we do..

Love and Blessings,
Cindy Ann

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    How grand!
    And, all I can add is 'from your lips to God's ears' for the future of cancer treatment!

Hugs, Kathi
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That's great news, Cindy
    That's great news, Cindy Ann. Tell your son "thank you" from me for supporting not only you but all of our pink sisters. I do hope that in my lifetime we see some progress made towards the cure for not only breast but ALL cancers. Thanks for sharing the good news and good luck to your son tomorrow!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    What a touching post! Thanks
    What a touching post! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us! My sweetie has a golf shirt, light, light pastel pink with a deeper pink ribbon and the saying Real Men Wear Pink! On those days when he is in touch with his feminine side, he wears it! :-)

Here's to racing and walking and looking forward to the day when a generation of children will have no idea what a cancer fundraiser is. Sort of like Polio....

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    chenheart said:

What a touching post! Thanks
    What a touching post! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us! My sweetie has a golf shirt, light, light pastel pink with a deeper pink ribbon and the saying Real Men Wear Pink! On those days when he is in touch with his feminine side, he wears it! :-)

Here's to racing and walking and looking forward to the day when a generation of children will have no idea what a cancer fundraiser is. Sort of like Polio....

Hugs,
    Chen♥

What a very sweet son!
    What a very sweet son! Please thank him for helping us. My husband has a pink shirt with the bc ribbon on it. He wears it to work every now and then, just to remind others that we need to donate to the ACS in hopes of a cure. I pray that someday there is one.

I would love to see it in my lifetime. Please give your son a hug for me!

Hugs, Diane
  • LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    Thank you!
    Thank you for reminding me of the Race for the Cure--ours is coming up in October. My youngest son (21) ran the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon (in memory of victims of the Murrah Building Bombing) at the end of April--it was his first marathon. I'm going to show him the info about the Race for the Cure--5 km will be nothing compared to the 26.2 miles he's already run.

How wonderful that your son not only made his pledge but saw it doubled! I definitely agree with your last statement, too: "If people like these keep running and walking for a cure one day our daughters and grand daughters may never know the pain we do."

Hugs! Sandy
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    That is Awesome
    and it sounds like you had a great day off! How great that your son is participating - we are all there with him!
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101

That is Awesome
    and it sounds like you had a great day off! How great that your son is participating - we are all there with him!

Thank You All!!
    He is a great man. I am so proud of him and his whole team. It is amazing that so many of us are not only touched by cancer but have cancer. Both my kids are dedicating their Saturday to charitable causes in my name as my Mother's day gift. I wish I could hug my son. He lives 750 miles from me. He is so hurt to not be able to hug his Mamma. I felt the hug when I had to tell him over the phone. Hated doing it that way.. Did it very carefully. He told me he knew something was wrong. When I was there in March he hugged me and just felt something wasn't right. Amazing!! We all have great people in ours lives. It's the ones who just show up.That will always constantly make me proud.I love stories like the one I wrote today. It makes me believe we can beat this ugly monster. We will do it..There are so many good people still left in this world...Like all of you on this discussion board..

Love and Hugs,
    Cindy Ann
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Your son loves you!
    So much so, that he's even wear pink (in public!)

Thank you for the uplifting post,

Sue
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

That's great news, Cindy
    That's great news, Cindy Ann. Tell your son "thank you" from me for supporting not only you but all of our pink sisters. I do hope that in my lifetime we see some progress made towards the cure for not only breast but ALL cancers. Thanks for sharing the good news and good luck to your son tomorrow!!

That is so wonderful Cindy!
    That is so wonderful Cindy! Thank your son for me too!