Back from port removal

pattimc
pattimc Member Posts: 431
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had my port out at 7:30 this a.m. All went very well. Just felt some tugging like everyone said. Then he cauterized the area (which smelled awful!) then stitched me up. I did take a Percocet beforehand and it really made me feel relaxed. My doc even let my husband stay in the room with me while he did the procedure. The doc played some music and we played name that tune and it really kept my mind off of what he was doing. After it was all done, we went out to breakfast.

So, CR1954 check in when you can. Hope yours was uneventful as mine! I was pretty stressed about it but it really was no big deal. I really feel "done" now!

Patti

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    :-)
    Way to go Patti. Glad everything went well. I've got a few more months before I'm "deported" ... but it's always good to hear when someone has reached that milestone!~

hugs.
    teena
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sounds like you came through
    Sounds like you came through with flying colors! I am so glad it was just as we said it would be..."tampon tug" and all! HAHAHA! Another milestone for you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Patti, I'm very happy to
    Patti, I'm very happy to read that it was uneventful for you. You would think that as we all go through our treatments that we would learn that the chemo, procedures, etc. are really not as bad as we make them in our minds. Anyway, I'm glad you're "done", congrats!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Patti, I'm very happy to
    Patti, I'm very happy to read that it was uneventful for you. You would think that as we all go through our treatments that we would learn that the chemo, procedures, etc. are really not as bad as we make them in our minds. Anyway, I'm glad you're "done", congrats!!

congrats thats all just
    congrats thats all just congrats!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    carkris said:

congrats thats all just
    congrats thats all just congrats!!!

Big congrats Patti!
    Big congrats Patti!
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Megan M said:

Big congrats Patti!
    Big congrats Patti!

Yeh Patti! So happy for
    Yeh Patti! So happy for you!

KYLEZ ♥
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Hooray for Patti!
    I am so happy for you.

Gentle hugs,

Sue
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    sbmly53 said:

Hooray for Patti!
    I am so happy for you.

Gentle hugs,

Sue

Yes, hooray for Patti!
    Yes, hooray for Patti! Congratulations!
  • Eil4186
    Eil4186 Member Posts: 949
    Patti, glad everything wen
    Patti, glad everything wen well. I am impressed with your bravery. My surgeon removed mine in the hospital with twilight anesthesia. I was not given a choice.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    chenheart said:

Sounds like you came through
    Sounds like you came through with flying colors! I am so glad it was just as we said it would be..."tampon tug" and all! HAHAHA! Another milestone for you!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Congratulations Patti!

Congratulations Patti!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Eil4186 said:

Patti, glad everything wen
    Patti, glad everything wen well. I am impressed with your bravery. My surgeon removed mine in the hospital with twilight anesthesia. I was not given a choice.

Congratulations Patti on
    Congratulations Patti on getting your port removed! Glad it went well for you!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Congrats on being
    Congrats on being "deported". I'll be done with my port come September. I hope mine is as uneventful as yours was.
    BL
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Congrats on being
    Congrats on being "deported". I'll be done with my port come September. I hope mine is as uneventful as yours was.
    BL

♥ Patti ♥
    Such great news! Congrats on the deporting!

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Patti ♥
    Such great news! Congrats on the deporting!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Congratulations Patti!

Congratulations Patti!