I am a big chicken

2»

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    padee6339 said:

I remember
    I remember sitting in a Bob Evans with my mother and my head started itching under the stupid hat I was wearing. I took off the hat to scratch my bald head and the woman across the aisle almost fell off her chair looking at me. I just shrugged my shoulders, smiled at her and put my hat back on. I looked at my Mom and she had turned her head the other way so the woman wouldn't see her laughing.

I took my hats off when my hair was about a half inch. The summer was coming and driving back from radiation was when I started.

You will, when you are ready.

Hugs - Pat

I dont wear the scarf around
    I dont wear the scarf around the house but have not ditched it in public either. I have an interesting hairline and am waiting for it to grow out more. I will eventually graduate to a baseball hat. I am having a weird reaction to the shampoos, and am very flakey, not a dandruff thing more a reaction to what I am using. never a dull moment.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions
    I think I might try the baseball caps. I too am really tired of my wig and every other head cover that I have.

Thanks again

Donna

No way are you chicken
    No way are you chicken Donna! So, don't even think that! Baseball caps look good! Try that if it makes you feel better. Soon, you won't feel like you need anything. Good luck!

HUGS!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Flashing
    I have been flashing the people I work with this week. I also crocheted some little caps for myself. I think I am almost ready.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Hugs

Donna
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Flashing
    I have been flashing the people I work with this week. I also crocheted some little caps for myself. I think I am almost ready.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Hugs

Donna

Flashing? LOL Good for you
    Flashing? LOL Good for you Donna! You will feel more secure before you know it!

HUGS!
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    I took a baby step
    I went bare headed to the grocery store. I just bought a pizza, but I did it.

Hugs

Donna
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

I took a baby step

Hugs

Donna

WOOHOO Donna! You brave
    WOOHOO Donna! You brave survivor you! Very proud of you!
  • Jacque101
    Jacque101 Member Posts: 75
    Angie2U said:

WOOHOO Donna! You brave
    WOOHOO Donna! You brave survivor you! Very proud of you!

Good for you
    Donna, you deserve the Brave Award for your adventure. I know the feeling. I have worked a few days since I lost my hair. Everyone loved the wig, but on the Interstate driving home, I kept a hat in my car and in two seconds off came the wig and on came the hat. I didn't look back but there could have been some car crashes if anyone happened to be looking. The thought did enter my mind as I saw that fuzzy furry thing in the seat next to me - what if I get stopped by the police - will they wonder what animal I have with me?? When I get ready to go without a hat or wig, I have already figured I would go to the store the fartherest from my house. Hopefully I wouldn't see anyone I know. That's what I did on my first time out with the wig. But no one noticed the wig...I know because I was also watching everyone who passed me.

I had last chemo about 10 days ago...and with the right light and right mirror, I believe I can already see some baby peach fuzzy, or I might just need new glasses.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Jacque101 said:

Good for you
    Donna, you deserve the Brave Award for your adventure. I know the feeling. I have worked a few days since I lost my hair. Everyone loved the wig, but on the Interstate driving home, I kept a hat in my car and in two seconds off came the wig and on came the hat. I didn't look back but there could have been some car crashes if anyone happened to be looking. The thought did enter my mind as I saw that fuzzy furry thing in the seat next to me - what if I get stopped by the police - will they wonder what animal I have with me?? When I get ready to go without a hat or wig, I have already figured I would go to the store the fartherest from my house. Hopefully I wouldn't see anyone I know. That's what I did on my first time out with the wig. But no one noticed the wig...I know because I was also watching everyone who passed me.

I had last chemo about 10 days ago...and with the right light and right mirror, I believe I can already see some baby peach fuzzy, or I might just need new glasses.

yeah for you all. pizza is
    yeah for you all. pizza is good. !!!!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    not at all!
    Oh Donna you are not a big chicken you are human with human emotions. Gosh all our lives woman have had a sort of love affair with our hair, it my favorite thing about me! I had no idea how much my hair meant to me until I lost it, no one saw me without a cover on till it was pretty much covering me well. It wasn't until the third occurrence that I got to the point of going out with just a teensy bit of hair. You will be ready in due time, it is a big deal that you managed to drive there bare headed, good for you that was quite a feat of its own.

Hugs,

RE
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member

I took a baby step

Hugs

Donna

Woo HOO way to go Donna
    Amazing how brave and strong we can be! People seldom notice the things that we are so self- concious about. So happy for you. Letting -go of the self consciousness can be so freeing. Savor those moments.
    Hugs, K
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    You Are Not
    You are not a chicken. You got to do what makes you comfortable. I used to run around the house without my hat but not out in public.

Good luck.

P