Prayers for My Mom

Lisa13Q
Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,

I just returned from NY..came back a little early...needed a break...My sister has taken over. Mom's 3 month check up is Thursday. They are taking her blood and CT scan. Then she meets next week with her doctor to go over the results. Mom is terrified. I can't blame her. She looks great. She is up and around and walking and has put on some weight. She says the only digestive issues she is experiencing is bad gas....is that normal? ...She said she thought that it was since it has been that way since her surgery. She denies diarreah or constipation....but I do notice her burping a lot (something she did when first diagnosed)...I am hoping these are not symptoms of recurrance....do any of you have ongoing gas? I have to admit I am scared as well...it's been a great 3 months...no doctors..no chemo....no worries...If any of you would be willing to pray for her, I would be greatly appreciative....With God, all things are possible. In my opinion, you all are God's angels on Earth!! Thanks.....

Comments

• cancer survivor x 4
    cancer survivor x 4 Member Posts: 177
    Your Mom
    Lisa13Q,
    praying hard. Paula
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hi,
    I have your mom in my

Hi,

I have your mom in my prayers and hope that all will go well with her healing process.

Sharon
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    prayers
    Best of luck to your Mom. I have had tons of digestive issues since my inital surgery. Unsure if it was cancer related or not.

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Lots of Prayers
    Dear Lisa, we have your mom in prayer as well as you and the rest fo the family. I wouldn't worry to much about the gas, unless it becomes very uncomfortable. Have your sister make sure they mention to the docs, could be a side affect of meds or too much fiber. Prayers ♥ Hugs Bonnie
  • hockeygolf7
    hockeygolf7 Member Posts: 52
    Your mom is in my prayers
    Your mom is in my prayers and so are you.
  • Lisa13Q
    Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677

Your mom is in my prayers
    Your mom is in my prayers and so are you.

Thank You all so Much
    During this journey, my family has found religion and it means so much to me that people are actually praying for us...God Bless!! I am touched.
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    Lisa13Q said:

Thank You all so Much
    During this journey, my family has found religion and it means so much to me that people are actually praying for us...God Bless!! I am touched.

Chemo is hard on body
    chemo is hard on the body and it upsets digestive system this may be causing the gas.

I am praying
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Dear Lisa,
    Praying your mom's check goes well, it would be Thursday there, so by now you may know results. So wonderful that your mom has had this chemo/cancer break. I know she needed it.

I have a lot of gas issues, and take pro-biotics which do help. My doc always tells me that I need to be glad the gas is coming out, that means no blockage! Not always fun for those who have to put up with it though.

Keep us posted,
    Kathleen
  • birdnighter
    birdnighter Member Posts: 12
    Your Mom and prayers
    Hi Lisa,
    Keeping your Mom and you in my thoughts and prayers as well.. Hoping for a good outcome. Take care and bless you.. Susan in South carolina