Anyone had this???

AmandaMarie29
AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
It's been a while since I have been here...but I have a question. I just finished my last round of chemo on 4/26...soooo happy! But, I am getting an itchy acne like rash all over my back and a little on my head. My chemo was cytoxan/taxotere. Has anyone else had this? Have you found anything that has helped you with it?....I've just been drinking tons of water trying to clean my system out. Thank You :0)

Mandi

Comments

• rm22111
    rm22111 Member Posts: 54
    rash
    I did not have a rash, but one of my friends in my support group did get a rash. She said that the oncologist gave her a steroid cream to use. So, check with your oncologist.

rm22111
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    rm22111 said:

rash
    I did not have a rash, but one of my friends in my support group did get a rash. She said that the oncologist gave her a steroid cream to use. So, check with your oncologist.

rm22111

I never had chemo Mandi,
    I never had chemo Mandi, but, you probably should call your oncologist. He will be able to prescribe something for you. Let us know what you find out. Good seeing you, though sorry it is because of your rash.

Sue :)
  • CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Rash
    Hi Mandi -

I have a rash on my head, and I was prescribed Clindamycin liquid to apply twice a day. I have noticed a slight improvement, it is white head acne like rash, only on the front and top of my head. One of the multiple weird side effects, I am also on T/C cocktail, but I prefer margaritas! I thought zits were supposed to go away after puberty!

Ask your oncologist or dermatologist. Best wishes - Carrie
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Rash
    Hi Mandi -

I have a rash on my head, and I was prescribed Clindamycin liquid to apply twice a day. I have noticed a slight improvement, it is white head acne like rash, only on the front and top of my head. One of the multiple weird side effects, I am also on T/C cocktail, but I prefer margaritas! I thought zits were supposed to go away after puberty!

Ask your oncologist or dermatologist. Best wishes - Carrie

Sorry you have a rash. Ask
    Sorry you have a rash. Ask your oncologist for a prescription. I bet he can fix you right up.

Luck to you, Megan
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Rash
    I'm on that cocktail and I got a rash from being in the sun. The onc thinks that if I really slather on way more sunscreen than usual, I won't get it again. But, I haven't been out in the sun much since then to find out. With your rash being on your back and head, however, the sun might not be the problem.

Yea for you being done with chemo!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808

Rash
    I'm on that cocktail and I got a rash from being in the sun. The onc thinks that if I really slather on way more sunscreen than usual, I won't get it again. But, I haven't been out in the sun much since then to find out. With your rash being on your back and head, however, the sun might not be the problem.

Yea for you being done with chemo!!

Mandi, sorry to hear about
    Mandi, sorry to hear about your rash but happy to hear you are thru chemo. I just started today with the same chemo mix you had so I'm interested in how it affects others. Hope your rash goes away quickly. Don't have any advice but sending you lots of hugs.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    rash
    I have a similar rash on my back, chest and shoulders - very ugly and very itchy. I am getting AC and I was blaming the adriamycin, but maybe it is the cytoxen since that's what you are getting. I have been having lots of allergic reactions during these past 4 treatments of AC. I'm hoping some of this stuff disappears once I start taxol next week.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    linpsu said:

rash
    I have a similar rash on my back, chest and shoulders - very ugly and very itchy. I am getting AC and I was blaming the adriamycin, but maybe it is the cytoxen since that's what you are getting. I have been having lots of allergic reactions during these past 4 treatments of AC. I'm hoping some of this stuff disappears once I start taxol next week.

Mandi, sorry about your
    Mandi, sorry about your rash. I hope it clears up for you soon. Call your doctor!
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Mandi, sorry about your
    Mandi, sorry about your rash. I hope it clears up for you soon. Call your doctor!

Benadryle anti itch cream,
    Benadryle anti itch cream, worked for me.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Mandi
    My face broke out after each treatment like acne. Also red and flushed. Not a pretty sight. I'm so glad thats over. Glad you're done with chemo. You'll slowly get better. It took me about 2 months for all the symptoms to go away. I'm so glad I can eat dairy again with no problems.