Radiation question

hopeful in tally
hopeful in tally Member Posts: 56
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Day #1 of radiation treatment ... 4 hours later and I feel like my throat is closing ... very sore. Is this from the radiation???? Thank you for responding since it is too late to call the treatment center and I prefer your advice anyway!!!

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Radiation did not give me a
    Radiation did not give me a sore throat, although the nurse asked about it every week.
    So I suppose it could be a side effect, but I am not sure that it would be so severe
    after one treatment. My suggestion would be to try your usual home remedies for sore throat, but, if it gets really bad & you feel that you can't breathe, go to the emergency room.
    I hope it gets better soon.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Tux said:

Radiation did not give me a
    Radiation did not give me a sore throat, although the nurse asked about it every week.
    So I suppose it could be a side effect, but I am not sure that it would be so severe
    after one treatment. My suggestion would be to try your usual home remedies for sore throat, but, if it gets really bad & you feel that you can't breathe, go to the emergency room.
    I hope it gets better soon.

I was told to tell the doctor immediately if that happened...
    She told me there was a possibility and they would want to know ASAP. Good luck.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Mama G said:

She told me there was a possibility and they would want to know ASAP. Good luck.

Yikes
    I'm halfway through and no one's ever mentioned it. Better do as Mama G says and call the doctor.

Good luck

Victoria
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Please call your doctor!
    This did not happen to me, but I would try to track someone down, even at night.

Please let us know what the doc says.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Mama G said:

I never heard of rads doing
    I never heard of rads doing this, but, I hope you called your rads oncologist. Good luck!

Sue :)