Autumskisses
Autumskisses Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello,
I am new to the discussion board. I have had 3 surgerys in 3 weeks to remove cancer from my breast. I have to do chemo and then radiation. I have been reading the posts and have learned from your experiences. I have been calm throughout this process, and now I can feel my calm slipping. I am scared. More than I can admit even to myself.
Thank you to all you wonderful ladies out there shining your light, helping us newbies who are in the dark.
Debbie

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Welcome
    Debbie - We all get overwhelmed and scared - there are so many decisions to make so quickly. And then it just looks like the road is so long that yu will never get there. You will find a wealth of information and support here. And seeing the brave ladies who have already made it through the journey helps the rest of us realize that we can make it, too!

I am sorry you are here but know that there is no question that is not taken seriously and a wealth of strength to draw from on this site. Good luck!

Chris
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121

Welcome
    Debbie - We all get overwhelmed and scared - there are so many decisions to make so quickly. And then it just looks like the road is so long that yu will never get there. You will find a wealth of information and support here. And seeing the brave ladies who have already made it through the journey helps the rest of us realize that we can make it, too!

I am sorry you are here but know that there is no question that is not taken seriously and a wealth of strength to draw from on this site. Good luck!

Chris

I have just joined this
    I have just joined this great site in the last month-i read lots of the blogs and then started posting also.. it is such a great, warm, supportive place to be.. and a great place to get opinions and suggestions.
    The strength of the people going through such many different types of breast cancer is amazing!
    Good Luck with everything,
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

I have just joined this
    I have just joined this great site in the last month-i read lots of the blogs and then started posting also.. it is such a great, warm, supportive place to be.. and a great place to get opinions and suggestions.
    The strength of the people going through such many different types of breast cancer is amazing!

Welcome to the site
    I am glad that you found. Please stay connected it will help you to go through your treatments.
    Take care,
    New Flower
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

I have just joined this

Just want to welcome you and
    Just want to welcome you and to say that we all felt and still do feel overwhelmed. Having bc is hard, nothing easy about it. But, you found this great board and we will give you lots of support and encouragement. Wishing you good luck!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Megan M said:

Just want to welcome you and
    Just want to welcome you and to say that we all felt and still do feel overwhelmed. Having bc is hard, nothing easy about it. But, you found this great board and we will give you lots of support and encouragement. Wishing you good luck!

Hi Debbie
    Welcome glad you posted, because it is so much easier to get through everything with help. I know I recieved a lot of help right here on the boards. The beginning is the hardest. Chemo is doable and so is radiation. Get good antinausea meds for chemo. Everyone one is different when it comes to treatment, but you can and will come through it. If they tell you, that you need a port for Chemo. This is a no big deal kinda thing. You have been through worse. Keep in touch and Good luck
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome, Debbie and I'm also
    Welcome, Debbie and I'm also glad you found this board. It is filled with amazing individuals that will readily share their experiences and also offer the support and encouragement that is needed at times. So, just ask away and someone will be along to provide the information you are searching for. Take care and please know we'll be holding your hand through your journey.
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Welcome fellow sister in pink!
    Sorry that you have to be here but glad that you found us! We will be there for you anytime you have questions, concerns, to vent, to laugh or to cry. Of course you are scared that is only natural. Your body has already gone through such trauma with the surgeries. I was the same way...only I had 3 surgeries in 4 weeks. It takes a toll on you physically and mentally. Be kind to yourself, get as much rest as you can and realize that you are already one third of the way through!!

I wish you well.

Patti
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    pattimc said:

Welcome fellow sister in pink!
    Sorry that you have to be here but glad that you found us! We will be there for you anytime you have questions, concerns, to vent, to laugh or to cry. Of course you are scared that is only natural. Your body has already gone through such trauma with the surgeries. I was the same way...only I had 3 surgeries in 4 weeks. It takes a toll on you physically and mentally. Be kind to yourself, get as much rest as you can and realize that you are already one third of the way through!!

I wish you well.

Patti

Welcome
    Hello,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. I, too, alternated between calm and fear. For me, the unknown was the scariest part. Getting educated helped tremendously.

I send you good thoughts and positive energy,

Victoria
  • Autumskisses
    Autumskisses Member Posts: 8
    newbee
    Hello wonderful ladies,
    Thank you for your wonderful support. I already have the port. My doctor put it in during my second surgery. I have my first appointment to see the oncologist tomorrow. Are there any questions that I should ask? I am drawing a blamk. I guess my mind is frozen. I am shaking, I guess I am afraid of what is to come.
    Always,
    Debbie
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

newbee
    Hello wonderful ladies,
    Thank you for your wonderful support. I already have the port. My doctor put it in during my second surgery. I have my first appointment to see the oncologist tomorrow. Are there any questions that I should ask? I am drawing a blamk. I guess my mind is frozen. I am shaking, I guess I am afraid of what is to come.
    Always,
    Debbie

Hi Debbie!
    I'm over a year out now and life is good. My physical wounds have healed and I'm getting better emotionally every day. I know it seems like endless treatments but you can do it. I keep coming back because this site was so wonderful when I needed support and now I want to help others who are new to this challenging path. Keep coming back when you need a life. We'll be here for you.

Roseann
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Welcome Sorry you have to be
    Welcome Sorry you have to be here but hopefully you will find comfort and the answers you need..Would you like to share a little info on your type of bc? That would help everyone let you know what type of questions to ask your onc. doc..My advice is to get more then one opinion..I saw 2 onco docs. and their treatment plan was totally diff. Peace and Blessings! Babette