Lucky Me -- update from 21... and scared.

Golda
Golda Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello everyone,

I was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Lucky me. Whatever I have in found in 1% of something, I kinda let me mind wonder. I just spent three days joking around about me having cancer. It made the whole think seem less serious. But, now it's hitting.

I'm going to go cry for away.

Comments

• GregStahl
    GregStahl Member Posts: 188
    Be strong
    My wife was just diagnosed 4/20. Need help, advice, support, just ask. There are a ton of people here ready and willing to help.
  • Third_Generation
    Third_Generation Member Posts: 121
    GregStahl said:

Be strong
    My wife was just diagnosed 4/20. Need help, advice, support, just ask. There are a ton of people here ready and willing to help.

Oh Golda, I am so sorry.
    Oh Golda, I am so sorry. Humor does help but reality hits also.. and a good cry can be very comforting at times. Greg is right, this is a great site to get support and advice.
    Good Luck with everything.
  • Fabu
    Fabu Member Posts: 29

Oh Golda, I am so sorry.
    Oh Golda, I am so sorry. Humor does help but reality hits also.. and a good cry can be very comforting at times. Greg is right, this is a great site to get support and advice.
    Good Luck with everything.

I'm sorry
    Golda,

I joked and laughed when I found out. I believe it was a coping mechanism. I still make light of it in front of friends and family. I cry alone. However, you are not alone. This board has been a God's send for me. We know how you feel. Blessings to you . . .
  • XO143XO
    XO143XO Member Posts: 23
    Golda
    I am so sorry. It is scary for me too. Please stay in touch with everyone here. We can't make it go away but we can send you hugs and love as you fight and live through this. You are not alone we are always here for you.

Kristi xoxox
  • Cindy Ann
    Cindy Ann Member Posts: 101
    Golda
    I am so sorry sweetheart. I know your young and there is too much to think of. I just found out last week I have breast cancer. I am still trying to process it and decide where to go from here. What helped me the most was finding a breast surgeon immediately and finding out what kind of cancer I have and starting a treatment plan. It put me in some control. Today was a horrible day for me. Overwhelming. I cried and am so exhausted. I found out from the best girls you can have ( the ones in this group) that I am normal. You have all my prayers and blessings sweet girl. I and you will end up on this site a lot. We can go through it together. My experience will not be the same as yours. No 2 women are alike and I am older then you. But I am there for you. You can do this. Your in it and have no choice but to do whatever you have to do to get well. You did good coming to this site.. Cry all you want. Tears are good.

Love and Blessings,
    Cindy Ann
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Cindy Ann said:

Golda
    I am so sorry sweetheart. I know your young and there is too much to think of. I just found out last week I have breast cancer. I am still trying to process it and decide where to go from here. What helped me the most was finding a breast surgeon immediately and finding out what kind of cancer I have and starting a treatment plan. It put me in some control. Today was a horrible day for me. Overwhelming. I cried and am so exhausted. I found out from the best girls you can have ( the ones in this group) that I am normal. You have all my prayers and blessings sweet girl. I and you will end up on this site a lot. We can go through it together. My experience will not be the same as yours. No 2 women are alike and I am older then you. But I am there for you. You can do this. Your in it and have no choice but to do whatever you have to do to get well. You did good coming to this site.. Cry all you want. Tears are good.

Love and Blessings,
    Cindy Ann

Welcome to the group no one
    Welcome to the group no one wanted be in. If you can bring someone with you to all your appointments. It really helps to have a second set of ears. I know how scared you are now so take it one step at a time, when you're almost done with that step start thinking of the next one. Come on this site and ask any question you need answered.

Sher
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Sher43009 said:

Welcome to the group no one
    Welcome to the group no one wanted be in. If you can bring someone with you to all your appointments. It really helps to have a second set of ears. I know how scared you are now so take it one step at a time, when you're almost done with that step start thinking of the next one. Come on this site and ask any question you need answered.

Sher

for a long time I thought I
    for a long time I thought I would never stop crying. mostly in spurts but everyday. as you wrap your brain around whats going on , and what you have to do, it will get better. hugs. you can do it. !
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    carkris said:

for a long time I thought I
    for a long time I thought I would never stop crying. mostly in spurts but everyday. as you wrap your brain around whats going on , and what you have to do, it will get better. hugs. you can do it. !

I'm so very sorry... SO UNFAIR!!!
    I can tell you I cried for 3 freakin WEEKS!! before I came to terms with it and decided to give this beast a BATTLE!!! My 21 year old daughter actually knocked sense into me and made me get over my pity party. BUT I have to say we all NEED to go through that! CRY and CRY alot, because, guess what? I haven't cried since! Well, I've cried about other things, but not about having breast cancer. I think I got all those tears over with those 3 weeks.
    and now here I am at the end of the battle! My last radiation is tomorrow. This all started July 1st, 2009 and it's been the longest year of my life, but I DID IT!!! and you will, too, I promise! WE can do this together!!! We'll be holding your (cyber) hand all the way and praying for you.
    God bless,
    Lorraine
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Mama G said:

I'm so very sorry... SO UNFAIR!!!
    I can tell you I cried for 3 freakin WEEKS!! before I came to terms with it and decided to give this beast a BATTLE!!! My 21 year old daughter actually knocked sense into me and made me get over my pity party. BUT I have to say we all NEED to go through that! CRY and CRY alot, because, guess what? I haven't cried since! Well, I've cried about other things, but not about having breast cancer. I think I got all those tears over with those 3 weeks.
    and now here I am at the end of the battle! My last radiation is tomorrow. This all started July 1st, 2009 and it's been the longest year of my life, but I DID IT!!! and you will, too, I promise! WE can do this together!!! We'll be holding your (cyber) hand all the way and praying for you.
    God bless,
    Lorraine

Hi
    Just want to welcome you. I am so sorry that someone at your age is here on this site, but I can tell you know matter what the age we are all here to help you get through this. I know the fear, and the jokes and the tears. You can do this.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Kat11 said:

Hi
    Just want to welcome you. I am so sorry that someone at your age is here on this site, but I can tell you know matter what the age we are all here to help you get through this. I know the fear, and the jokes and the tears. You can do this.

Cancer sucks and I hate it.
    Cancer sucks and I hate it. I'm sorry you now have to deal with it. We are all here for each other, and we all need a big sisters shoulder to cry on.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Golda, welcome to this
    Golda, welcome to this amazing site that is filled with amazing survivors. I remember too well the fear that was involved after being diagnosed with breast cancer. It's the fear of the unknown that grips us. Once your course of treatment is determined and started you will feel a little more in control. At least I know I did. The GOOD NEWS is that treatment will be over one day. I was diagnosed in June 2009 and completed chemo and my final radiation on Christmas Eve 2009. I can honestly say that the individuals on this board were instrumental in me getting through treatments and gaining an understanding of the unknown. Please continue to post and we will walk through your treatments with you. You can do it!! Good luck and take care.