Lynn Redgrave

Lighthouse_7
Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was so saddened to hear that Lynn Redgrave lost her 7 year battle with bc. The family isn't saying too much, but is it true that we don't die from breast cancer? It usually goes somewhere else? I don't know if that's true and I was wondering if anyone ever heard that.
Also, she and her daughter wrote a book with photo's her daughter took of her journey, called "Journal, A Mother and Daughter's Battle with Breast Cancer. Not sure of exact title, but it's close if anyone wants to google it.
Thanks,
Wanda

Comments

• seof
    seof Member Posts: 819 Member
    I don't know
    I don't know if you could really say women do or don't die from breast cancer. My Dr. told me that the type of cancer is always named by the first place it is discovered. For example, if it starts as breast cancer, it is still called breast cancer even if it moves to liver, lungs, brain, etc. That is why the Dr's say that my Sister died of breast cancer, though it had travelled to many other places in the 6 years that she was a survivor. At the time of death, I believe she did not actually have any descernable cancer cells in her remaining breast, but they still said she died of breast cancer. The distinction is not very important to me. Those of us who are yet survivors just have to take each day we have and live as well as we can for as long as we can.

It is a thought-provoking question.

Be well, seof
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    seof said:

I don't know
    I don't know if you could really say women do or don't die from breast cancer. My Dr. told me that the type of cancer is always named by the first place it is discovered. For example, if it starts as breast cancer, it is still called breast cancer even if it moves to liver, lungs, brain, etc. That is why the Dr's say that my Sister died of breast cancer, though it had travelled to many other places in the 6 years that she was a survivor. At the time of death, I believe she did not actually have any descernable cancer cells in her remaining breast, but they still said she died of breast cancer. The distinction is not very important to me. Those of us who are yet survivors just have to take each day we have and live as well as we can for as long as we can.

It is a thought-provoking question.

Be well, seof

Fear
    Thanks so much seof for the answer. I guess where I was coming from is fear. I am told that I am free of breast cancer too and I worry all the time that it will come back elsewhere. I try not to, but it's hard.
    Thanks again and God Bless