survived 1st round of taxotere/cytoxen on Thursday. Pretty lightheaded today.

dianebraun
dianebraun Member Posts: 51
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Any suggestions besides lots of water and small meals? I have to work today (Monday)....not sure how that's going to go.

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Take care
    I had the same cocktail but had mine on Fridays. I felt great Friday and Saturday then hit the brick wall on Sunday and was still pretty foggy until the next Friday. I worked full time throughout the treatment but that was all I could do....work and treatment. No outside activities, etc. It's doable, but take care of yourself first!
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    I had the same cocktail on
    I had the same cocktail on Thursdays followed by a Neulasta shot on Fridays. I think the shot did me in more than the chemo. I usually felt really good on Friday until after the shot ;(

I had a hard time with food - lots of jello and gingerale because nothing tasted good. But the best advice I can give you drink LOTS of water!! I worked all through my chemo - seven hours in the office and then one at home. It wasn't easy, but somehow I made it!

The worst thing for me was the fatigue, I learned to listen to my body and take a nap when I got home.

Hang in there, you will be just fine!
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Diane
    I had mine (also C/T) on Wednesday afternoons, followed by Neulasta on Thursdays, and I was able to go back to work on Mondays, but didn't really feel myself for the first few days back. Just be gentle with yourself and don't try to do too much. Hopefully you'll be able to get rest when you get home and not worry about cooking or housework this week. I usually rested up over the weekend, even though I didn't feel terrible, just to try to reserve my strength for work on Mondays.

You should start to feel a little better each day from here, though, so just hang in there and you should be fine.

Take care,
    Cindy
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Let your co-workers know
    Let your co-workers know that you will do your best through this time, but you may need some help. I work 4 hour days, and I have to say, it is getting more challenging as the treatments go on (I am on taxotere/carbo/herceptin), but I do my best, and if I have to go home, I do. Your health is #1 right now.
    Blessings and HUGS!
    Janice
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Diane
    I am on the same cocktail (just finished #4 of 6 - woohoo!!). I get my chemo on Friday and Neulasta on Sunday. I'm happy to see some others post that they get the foggy headedness because that has been the worst for me. I usually feel pretty good on Saturday and then just get really tired and mentally dense on Sunday and Monday.

Initially I had some problems with bloating and appetite and I talked to my oncologists. They are letting me start Omeprazole and Gas-X before the chemo which has helped a lot. I still have the bad taste in my mouth and don't really want to drink but have been able to make myself and eat during these couple of days.

With this last round, I started taking Mondays off after chemo - I was able to get through the other rounds but this is sure easier on me because I can sleep when I want to sleep and I don't break into a cold sweat every time my phone rings as to whether I am going to sound semi-intelligent.

Best of luck to you!

Chris
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Diane
    I had mine (also C/T) on Wednesday afternoons, followed by Neulasta on Thursdays, and I was able to go back to work on Mondays, but didn't really feel myself for the first few days back. Just be gentle with yourself and don't try to do too much. Hopefully you'll be able to get rest when you get home and not worry about cooking or housework this week. I usually rested up over the weekend, even though I didn't feel terrible, just to try to reserve my strength for work on Mondays.

You should start to feel a little better each day from here, though, so just hang in there and you should be fine.

Take care,
    Cindy

I didn't take chemo, but,
    I didn't take chemo, but, want to wish you good luck!

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    pattimc said:

Take care
    I had the same cocktail but had mine on Fridays. I felt great Friday and Saturday then hit the brick wall on Sunday and was still pretty foggy until the next Friday. I worked full time throughout the treatment but that was all I could do....work and treatment. No outside activities, etc. It's doable, but take care of yourself first!

Hope you are feeling better.
    Hope you are feeling better. Talk to your oncologist about some meds to help you.

♥ Noel
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79

Diane
    I am on the same cocktail (just finished #4 of 6 - woohoo!!). I get my chemo on Friday and Neulasta on Sunday. I'm happy to see some others post that they get the foggy headedness because that has been the worst for me. I usually feel pretty good on Saturday and then just get really tired and mentally dense on Sunday and Monday.

Initially I had some problems with bloating and appetite and I talked to my oncologists. They are letting me start Omeprazole and Gas-X before the chemo which has helped a lot. I still have the bad taste in my mouth and don't really want to drink but have been able to make myself and eat during these couple of days.

With this last round, I started taking Mondays off after chemo - I was able to get through the other rounds but this is sure easier on me because I can sleep when I want to sleep and I don't break into a cold sweat every time my phone rings as to whether I am going to sound semi-intelligent.

Best of luck to you!

Chris

Plan if you can
    I did the same cocktail preceeded by an antinausea med in the iv. My reactions started the evening of the second day and I started recovering two days after that. So it made sense for me to go in on wed afternoons. My family was able to help out over the weekend when I was feeling so awful, and by monday I was getting around ok. Once you figure out your pattern, plan around it, and good luck!!
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51
    thanks everyone....all great
    thanks everyone....all great advice!