Cleaning for a Reason

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
If you know any woman currently undergoing Chemo, please pass the word to her that there is a cleaning service that provides FREE housecleaning - 1 time per month for 4 months while she is in treatment. All she has to do is sign up and have her doctor fax a note confirming the treatment. Cleaning for a Reason will have a participating maid service in her zip code area arrange for the service.

http://www.cleaningforareason.org/

Please pass this information on to bless a woman going through Cancer treatment. This organization serves the entire USA and currently has 547 partners to help these women. It's our job to pass the word and let them know that there are people out there that care. Be a blessing to someone and pass this information along.

It took me five weeks of trying, but I got through and have had my first cleaning. They did such a wonderful job and were so sweet, it moved me to tears.

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Glad this worked out for you
    They accept only 50 applications nationwide per day, so it can take a while to get through. Finally, I sat at the computer and at the stroke of noon (when they open) I did my online application and got on the list. The doctor faxed the note. In a couple weeks they emailed that there are no cleaners in my zip code (major metropolitan area), but I could reapply in two months. Cleaners do offer this as a charity, and they still have to pay their employees, so I can't fault them too much.

I'm glad to hear this worked out well for someone, as I did wonder if it was bogus.
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209

Glad this worked out for you
    They accept only 50 applications nationwide per day, so it can take a while to get through. Finally, I sat at the computer and at the stroke of noon (when they open) I did my online application and got on the list. The doctor faxed the note. In a couple weeks they emailed that there are no cleaners in my zip code (major metropolitan area), but I could reapply in two months. Cleaners do offer this as a charity, and they still have to pay their employees, so I can't fault them too much.

I'm glad to hear this worked out well for someone, as I did wonder if it was bogus.

Cleaning for a Reason
    I was lucky enough to get this service while I was undergoing radiation. It was wonderful. We did however, give the gals a huge tip, as we figured they had to pay for their gas and of course their time...it was just something we decided to do . It was still cheaper than paying for a whole house cleaning. Yes, it is hard to get the service however. My sister in law tried and tried and they were never able to find anyone in her area to clean her house.

Judy