BLM and Diep in 2 days

TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Fow weeks I have complained about how long this process has taken now that it is 2 days away I am freaking out! I am so anxious and scared. I hope it all goes well. I hope nothing goes wrong. I hope it doesn't hurt as bad as I think it will. OMG I can't believe this is really going to happen to me! Who's life am I in?

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Good luck to you!
    Sending you lots of prayers and hugs for your surgery. We will all be there with you, in the room, holding your hand. So, if the room is crowded, that would be us. We got special permission to be there with you. :)

Sue :)
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    That "No, no, no!" feeling
    I remember the "surely I'll wake up from this nightmare" feeling right before the big day. I'm so sorry you are anxious and worried. Try to do a few nice, relaxing things for yourself these two days, if you can. It will be better to get the surgeries done and start moving on -- small comfort for you right now, I know. Oh, dear girl, hang in there. We are with you. We've been there, and, as you can see, we're all moving on. God bless you.
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Tulsa
    Haven't had the DIEP but had the bilateral with tissue expanders - we have all been where you are now and it is downright scary. The only way I could look at it was that I wanted this thing out of me before it got worse so I would be around to watch my new grandson grow up. Somehow that made getting it done seem like a good thing. While I'd rather go back to before I was given the "news," no one offered me that alternative so all I knew to do is get through each day one at a time. It's OK to be scared - everyone is. Best luck on your surgery!

Chris
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Tulsa
    Haven't had the DIEP but had the bilateral with tissue expanders - we have all been where you are now and it is downright scary. The only way I could look at it was that I wanted this thing out of me before it got worse so I would be around to watch my new grandson grow up. Somehow that made getting it done seem like a good thing. While I'd rather go back to before I was given the "news," no one offered me that alternative so all I knew to do is get through each day one at a time. It's OK to be scared - everyone is. Best luck on your surgery!

Chris

Good luck to you
    Good luck to you Tulsa!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    susie09 said:

Good luck to you
    Good luck to you Tulsa!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

wishing you well~
    and soon this will be weeks behind you~ I always prepared my "nest" for having surgery...got my bed all comfy, new pajama's and slippers, stocked up on juices, and things I would enjoy after I came home. All to help make it easier on myself, and my family. I will say a prayer for your surgery to go well, and for your homecoming!
    Melanie
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

wishing you well~
    and soon this will be weeks behind you~ I always prepared my "nest" for having surgery...got my bed all comfy, new pajama's and slippers, stocked up on juices, and things I would enjoy after I came home. All to help make it easier on myself, and my family. I will say a prayer for your surgery to go well, and for your homecoming!
    Melanie

Wishing you well also!
    Wishing you well also!

Lex♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Alexis F said:

Wishing you well also!
    Wishing you well also!

Lex♥

Praying that your surgery
    Praying that your surgery went as planned and that you are resting comfortably.

Update us when you are feeling like it.

Leeza