Look Good Feel Better

heidijez
heidijez Member Posts: 441
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow! What a wonderful evening I had last night, not so much the makeup (although that was nice), but the fact that this was the first time I was with a group of ladies going through the same things I am! It was good to be able to talk freely, and I think some new friendships were made. I told them about this site, and how amazing everyone is, so hopefully they will be checking in!

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I think sometimes it's nice
    I think sometimes it's nice to meet and make friends with others going through the same situation. You are not so alone and it also provides great support. I didn't have the opportunity to attend one of these classes but I know many of the ladies on this site thoroughly enjoyed them.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Not sure I looked good but I felt better
    I, too, thoroughly enjoyed being at a table full of other survivors for the first time! Young and old, everyone was relaxed and having fun.

Not to be ungrateful for this free program, but my daughter and I had a big laugh at my makeup bag. What outlandish, unusable colors -- sparkly bright blue shadow, deep purple lipstick, hot orange blush, red brow pencil! I did learn about enhancing my thinning brows, which was one of my main reasons for going.
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441

Not sure I looked good but I felt better
    I, too, thoroughly enjoyed being at a table full of other survivors for the first time! Young and old, everyone was relaxed and having fun.

Not to be ungrateful for this free program, but my daughter and I had a big laugh at my makeup bag. What outlandish, unusable colors -- sparkly bright blue shadow, deep purple lipstick, hot orange blush, red brow pencil! I did learn about enhancing my thinning brows, which was one of my main reasons for going.

Christine Louise - I too had
    Christine Louise - I too had to laugh at the makeup - bizarre colors, sparkly gold face powder, eye shadow with no applicators, and we all got the same color of lipstick.

Thank goodness I wasn't really there for the makeup!!