knees crack alot

Kathy09
Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been having alot of trouble with both my knees, I am not overweight and was on Taxotere which ended about Sept 09, I am currently on Tamoxofin. It feels like my knees want to pop out of the sockets when I walk, they crack alot too. I have started to wear knee braces, they seem to add strength. Anyone have this? Going to onc net month will ask them.

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Not cracking
    But my knees do hurt more than usual when I squat down. I just started on Tamoxifen about 6 weeks ago.

I'm planning to ask my doc about it when I see her in a couple of weeks. It doesn't bother me too much, but I want to make sure there's not actual damage going on that I might be able to do something about.

Let us know what you find out.
    Take care,
    Cindy
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Yep!
    had knee pain and

Yep!
    had knee pain and cracking/popping for years now. My hipd joined the party about 7 yrs ago and my shoulders about 3 yrs ago! They all hurt and crack and click and my husband nearly throws up when my hip clicks it sounds that awful!!! lol

I thought it was just wear and tear and being on my feet at work 10 hours a day (hairdressing) but after reading the discussions boards,i see it may be long term effects of the chemo i had in 1990.

My docs have done all kinds of tests for arthritis etc and sent me for physio but they still cant get to the bottom of it. They know nothing about long term side effects of cancer treatments and would most probably dismiss the idea if i mentioned it anyway.

Glucosamine and cod liver oil tablets help lots with joint and cartlidge.

Do you find with your knees,that if you crouch down,you cant get back up? I get this alot.And me knee sometimes gives out when going up or down stairs too.
  • JoMama54
    JoMama54 Member Posts: 78
    I have been through all,
    I have been through all, started with Femara for 6 months arimidex for 6 months and aromsin for 6 months now I started Tamoxofin in March they have aged me 20 years its seems. The day before Thanksgiving my knee swelled up for no reason. I didn't twist it or fall. I suffered with it for 2 months finally went to the Dr. I had torn the meniscus on both sides. I know that these meds have an effect on your cartlidges because my other knee is starting to feel the same way. Somedays it hard for me to walk or to even kneel and getting back up is immpossible without help. I have alot of the cracking too. Jomama
  • Deb1969
    Deb1969 Member Posts: 165
    JoMama54 said:

I have been through all,
    I have been through all, started with Femara for 6 months arimidex for 6 months and aromsin for 6 months now I started Tamoxofin in March they have aged me 20 years its seems. The day before Thanksgiving my knee swelled up for no reason. I didn't twist it or fall. I suffered with it for 2 months finally went to the Dr. I had torn the meniscus on both sides. I know that these meds have an effect on your cartlidges because my other knee is starting to feel the same way. Somedays it hard for me to walk or to even kneel and getting back up is immpossible without help. I have alot of the cracking too. Jomama

Ive been on Tamoxifen for
    Ive been on Tamoxifen for about a month and Ive noticed my knees cracking.Joints seem stiffer and harder to walk.My legs also feel heavy like Im walking in slow motion.
    Deb
  • bjmom1
    bjmom1 Member Posts: 152
    crack and pop
    I have the same problem since 2007 after having taxotere my bones have got worst with the cracking sound. I went to doctor they found I had arthritis all over except one shoulder that was great news lol. But in this year I heard a loud pop and found out that I have bone met in my back. So please make sure you tell your doctor about the cracking noise and any other bone pain you might experience. I try to make sure I keep up with any unusually pain on sound that I experience with my bones. Good Luck

Barb
  • Kathy09
    Kathy09 Member Posts: 99
    bjmom1 said:

crack and pop
    I have the same problem since 2007 after having taxotere my bones have got worst with the cracking sound. I went to doctor they found I had arthritis all over except one shoulder that was great news lol. But in this year I heard a loud pop and found out that I have bone met in my back. So please make sure you tell your doctor about the cracking noise and any other bone pain you might experience. I try to make sure I keep up with any unusually pain on sound that I experience with my bones. Good Luck

Barb

Thanks for the input
    I go in to see onc in a couple weeks I will check into it. Seems like the only re3al answers are found out here. This whole process *****! Thanks for all the information, you wonder if your not losing your mind lol.