Relay For Life Was Inspiring

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, Saturday’s Relay for Life is over and I totally agree with Pitt, I had the most rewarding time it was simply amazing. I held you all in my heart and carried a list of 78 names in my pocket of all my friends here at CSN. I dedicated several laps just to my CSN pals wherein I lifted you all in prayer and positive thoughts remembering those who have gone before us, those who are fighting today and those who have survived for years. Those laps were some of the most meaningful ones I did on Saturday, you all mean a great deal to me!

There were also many humorous moments like getting my husband to wear a caregiver sash, watching folks doing laps in decorated bras worn on the outside (the men were having way too much fun decorating theirs) seeing the little lapper which was an 8 month old walking in a walker, and of course just the enjoyment of spending time with friends who have stood by me through all my cancer battles and held me when I have lost loved ones to it.
I am posting pictures so if you get a moment check them out on my expressions page. Hugs to all!

RE

Comments

• Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    I saw your pics on facebook and in every one you were smiling!! Your grandbabies are so cute!! And the one with your husband was really fun!! Truly special moments. What was the pic board you were carrying? Were they of you during your battle? I like the bra idea and will bring it up at my team meeting next week.. our walk is in June. So we are still at the planning stage... Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

Hugz!!!
    Calleen
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    It's such a rewarding feeling when you take part in an event like this. Its very emotional too and i was in tears last year when i did my first race for life (5k). Got my 2010 race this sunday and will be saying a silent prayer for you all on my way round.

Well done RE and i hope it will inspire others to take part in future years.

Kay
    x
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    m-star said:

It's such a rewarding feeling when you take part in an event like this. Its very emotional too and i was in tears last year when i did my first race for life (5k). Got my 2010 race this sunday and will be saying a silent prayer for you all on my way round.

Well done RE and i hope it will inspire others to take part in future years.

Kay
    x

Thank you Re, for thinking
    Thank you Re, for thinking of us all and doing this walk.
  • RE
    Calleen said:

I saw your pics on facebook and in every one you were smiling!! Your grandbabies are so cute!! And the one with your husband was really fun!! Truly special moments. What was the pic board you were carrying? Were they of you during your battle? I like the bra idea and will bring it up at my team meeting next week.. our walk is in June. So we are still at the planning stage... Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

Hugz!!!
    Calleen

Picture Board
    Hi Calleen, the picture board represents members of my family that have been lost to cancer over the years. I posted it here about a week ago, it should be in my expressions page.

There was also a very successful booth where plastic type necklaces were sold for a dollar and for each lap you did you were given a bead, each fourth lap would represent a mile marker. If you could get someone to donate a few bags of the big plastic beads it was truly one of the most visited booths.

Look forward to seeing your pics in June, Hugz to you too!

RE
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So, so glad...
    ... you found the event to be inspiring, dear RE - as I knew you would. And thank you for taking us along, tucked into your pocket. A sweet and touching gesture! Of course, I held you close in my thoughts that day.

Kindest regards, Susan xo
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks, RE, for taking us
    Thanks, RE, for taking us all along with you. I am going to duplicate this when I participate in the local Making Strides walk here.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

So, so glad...
    ... you found the event to be inspiring, dear RE - as I knew you would. And thank you for taking us along, tucked into your pocket. A sweet and touching gesture! Of course, I held you close in my thoughts that day.

Kindest regards, Susan xo

Thank you RE for having all
    Thank you RE for having all of us safely tucked in your pocket! I like that! Glad you had a really great day! Thanks for walking for us!

Sue :)
  • RE
    Ritzy said:

Thank you RE for having all
    Thank you RE for having all of us safely tucked in your pocket! I like that! Glad you had a really great day! Thanks for walking for us!

Sue :)

ALWAYS
    It was an honor and it gave me strength to have you all in my pocket. I took the list out several times and read your names and occasionally I would simply put my hand in my pocket and hold the list.

Hugs to all,

RE
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Thanks RE, for bringing us
    Thanks RE, for bringing us to the Relay and thinking of us. xoxoxo Lynn
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Sher43009 said:

Thank you Re, for thinking
    Thank you Re, for thinking of us all and doing this walk.

Loved your pics! Thanks for
    Loved your pics! Thanks for thinking of us and walking!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    lynn1950 said:

Thanks RE, for bringing us
    Thanks RE, for bringing us to the Relay and thinking of us. xoxoxo Lynn

♥ Sweet Dear Re ♥
    I know I posted on Facebook my thanks to you for walking for us in the Relay for Life, but, I also wanted to thank you here. I haven't been on here for months, so, didn't see this until now. I loved your pictures on your expressions page of the relay. What a wonderful, beautiful family you have, just like you! So, thanks again my friend, for all that you do for your bc sisters in pink! Love you RE!

Love, Jeanne ♥