pain 2 months after radiation

justmektg
justmektg Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am 2 months post radiation and still experience pain in my breast and incisions. I can only wear 1 shirt and no bra. Is this common for many women?

Comments

• jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Not sure what kind of
    Not sure what kind of surgery you had...but i had lumpectomy and a full course of rads. I finished rads 22 Jan and was quite tender for a lot longer than i anticipated after rads. I also left my bra off. When i went back to wearing a bra, i wore a sports bra because the underwire of a regular bra was just too much. I still have whole breast tenderness, not so much specific to incision...just saw surgeon and rad onc...both agree the pain is likely from rads and will just have to wait it out. I take motrin for the discomfort and do a lot of range of motion.

If you are worried, check w/your surgeon or rad onc. It's hard to just wait to feel better (at least it is for me!). I'm still frustrated about having a sore boob 4 months out!

Blessings...
    Julie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    jbug said:

Not sure what kind of
    Not sure what kind of surgery you had...but i had lumpectomy and a full course of rads. I finished rads 22 Jan and was quite tender for a lot longer than i anticipated after rads. I also left my bra off. When i went back to wearing a bra, i wore a sports bra because the underwire of a regular bra was just too much. I still have whole breast tenderness, not so much specific to incision...just saw surgeon and rad onc...both agree the pain is likely from rads and will just have to wait it out. I take motrin for the discomfort and do a lot of range of motion.

If you are worried, check w/your surgeon or rad onc. It's hard to just wait to feel better (at least it is for me!). I'm still frustrated about having a sore boob 4 months out!

Blessings...
    Julie

I had a lumpectomy and 7
    I had a lumpectomy and 7 weeks of rads. I only had some soreness from the dark pink that I got, but, not really in pain. I started wearing an underwire bra pretty quickly after I was finished with no problem. I agree with Julie, maybe you should call your rads oncologist and surgeon and discuss this.