more bad news so depressed

azgrandma
azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Got blood drawn today, doctor just called, all bloods levels has fallen yet again, was suppose to get chemo this week, now i have to go 4 days in a row and get neupagen shots yet again , this will be my third set of themn, this time i have to get 4 in a row instead of 3.

it has now been 10 weeks since i have had chemo, my goodness if it has been this long, how in the world is my blood going to make it getting chemo ever again??

now i am so depressed all over again.

was feelling better this weekend, cleaned some, i dusted the bedroom which has not been cleaned since sept when i got sick.

you can only take so much dust and dust bunnies ha ha.

please remember me in your prayers

I do know my Heavenly Father must have a reason for having me wait for chemo, maybe he wants the Glory in having healed me, and is trying to tell them i do not need any more chemo.

thnks for listening
Lynda

Comments

• Barbara53
    Barbara53 Member Posts: 652
    be happy to finally feel good
    I know you're disappointed, but I also hear a little joy for a change at being able to do something besides rest. Sounds like you're ready to be up and around, so maybe that's what the Big Boss upstairs has planned for you right now. Enjoy it while it lasts! Your numbers are good, and you deserve to enjoy yourself a little. Or maybe a lot!
  • Kgirl
    Kgirl Member Posts: 45
    Low blood counts
    Lynda,

How long after your neupogen shots are they waiting to do lab tests and chemotherapy? I was having shots on Thursday and Friday and waiting until Monday to have labs done. My counts would fall In the interval and I had a lot of delays as well.

I finally asked my oncologist if I could get my neupogen shots over the weekend at the local hospital. I would get a shot on Saturday and Sunday and then my lab tests on Monday and chemo on Tuesday. I never missed another weekly chemotherapy due to a low white blood count. Still had some problems with platelets occasionally.

This type of schedule might work for you as well.

Best Wishes

Kathy
  • azgrandma
    Kgirl said:

Low blood counts
    Lynda,

How long after your neupogen shots are they waiting to do lab tests and chemotherapy? I was having shots on Thursday and Friday and waiting until Monday to have labs done. My counts would fall In the interval and I had a lot of delays as well.

I finally asked my oncologist if I could get my neupogen shots over the weekend at the local hospital. I would get a shot on Saturday and Sunday and then my lab tests on Monday and chemo on Tuesday. I never missed another weekly chemotherapy due to a low white blood count. Still had some problems with platelets occasionally.

This type of schedule might work for you as well.

Best Wishes

Kathy

neupagen
    the first set i got tue, wed, thur, they tested blood on monday it had not come up much
    the second set got wed, thur , fri and by monday it had come up good

I have not had any chemo in over 10 weeks why is the blood still falling so much???/

I go tue, wed, thur , fri this week for the shots again.

Just want to be well and get my life back
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Company
    I am in the same boat, so if misery likes company ... here we are together. All my bloodcounts continue to drop. My nurse called and wanted to do a transfusion to help,but I asked her to wait until MOnday and see if somehow it can come back on its own. Haven't had treatment since february. Hugs ♥ Prayers.. yes lots of prayers aimed at your bonemarrow. Bonnie
  • azgrandma
    BonnieR said:

Company
    I am in the same boat, so if misery likes company ... here we are together. All my bloodcounts continue to drop. My nurse called and wanted to do a transfusion to help,but I asked her to wait until MOnday and see if somehow it can come back on its own. Haven't had treatment since february. Hugs ♥ Prayers.. yes lots of prayers aimed at your bonemarrow. Bonnie

Bonnie we can be twins
    Bonnie so sorry to hear this
    i had transfusions, now this will be 3rd round of neupagen shots
    is all of your dropping or what?/
    all of mine is hemacrit, hemaglobin white, red everything

I will pray for you hon
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    azgrandma said:

Bonnie we can be twins
    Bonnie so sorry to hear this
    i had transfusions, now this will be 3rd round of neupagen shots
    is all of your dropping or what?/
    all of mine is hemacrit, hemaglobin white, red everything

I will pray for you hon

Azgrandma & Bonnie
    So sorry to hear your news. Hang in there we are all thinking about you andhope things will work out with your blood counts.

Hugs Tina xx
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    I had low counts, too
    Oh, Lynda,

I know how discouraging it is, but just remember that your counts are low because the chemo is working. That's a good sign.

I also had every single treatment delayed due to blood counts. I also had Procrit injections, and even blood transfusions.

I want you to know that I also said a prayer for you before writing this; and I will certainly be praying again for you and all of our friends here tonight.

And thank you for starting a facebook group. I'm trying to figure out how I should sign up for that; to keep it seperate from my others...

Hang in there, sweetie. And I think you've inspired me to dust my bedroom. I don't even want to think of how long it's been~ lol

~Susan xoxo
  • azgrandma
    Susan523 said:

I had low counts, too
    Oh, Lynda,

I know how discouraging it is, but just remember that your counts are low because the chemo is working. That's a good sign.

I also had every single treatment delayed due to blood counts. I also had Procrit injections, and even blood transfusions.

I want you to know that I also said a prayer for you before writing this; and I will certainly be praying again for you and all of our friends here tonight.

And thank you for starting a facebook group. I'm trying to figure out how I should sign up for that; to keep it seperate from my others...

Hang in there, sweetie. And I think you've inspired me to dust my bedroom. I don't even want to think of how long it's been~ lol

~Susan xoxo

here is the link
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=118898468131262