How's Saundra?

Lisa13Q
Lisa13Q Member Posts: 677
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi All,

Haven't heard from Suandra in awhile..anyone know how she's recovering?

Comments

• saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Hanging in there
    Just haven't felt energetic enough to post. I still have three incision holes open that has to be dressed daily by a home health nurse. I will go back to Dallas on Thur. to have the incision reworked to help speed up the healing. I am getting along with the colostomy just fine. Have named the stoma, Winnie, the Poo.
    Still on pain killers occasionally and not doing much moving around. Saundra
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980 Member
    saundra said:

Hanging in there
    Just haven't felt energetic enough to post. I still have three incision holes open that has to be dressed daily by a home health nurse. I will go back to Dallas on Thur. to have the incision reworked to help speed up the healing. I am getting along with the colostomy just fine. Have named the stoma, Winnie, the Poo.

Winnie, the Poo!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    That's priceless!! I LOVE it! ((((Saundra))))
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    saundra said:

Hanging in there

treatment?
    Any idea of when you will start treatment again? Do you know what medication you will be taking?
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    saundra said:

Hanging in there

Priceless
    Hi Saundra,

This most recent experience apparently hasn't damaged your sense of humor! I just know it's going to carry you into a happier time.

Sue
  • groundeffect
    groundeffect Member Posts: 639 Member
    saundra said:

Hanging in there

Priceless
    Hi Saundra,

This most recent experience apparently hasn't damaged your sense of humor! I just know it's going to carry you into a happier time.

Sue
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hello Saundra,
    It's good to

Hello Saundra,

It's good to see you are at least still in your true and enlightening form.

So good to see you are also maintaining your sense of humor as well.

When will you begin your treatments again? Will it be more after your remaining incisions heal?

Nevertheless; continue to get plenty of rest and know you are continuously in my prayers.

Love,

Sharon
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member

Hello Saundra,
    It's good to

Hello Saundra,

It's good to see you are at least still in your true and enlightening form.

So good to see you are also maintaining your sense of humor as well.

When will you begin your treatments again? Will it be more after your remaining incisions heal?

Nevertheless; continue to get plenty of rest and know you are continuously in my prayers.

Love,

Sharon

Healing
    I will have to get this incision well before the next treatment which will be radiation. They put "markers" for the radiation in during the surgery since the colon area was the only tumor they could find. I have three wound holes open in my abdomen (same scar as the debulking surgery) that are now getting to drain the infection looking stuff. I will go on antibiotics now in addition to the daily wound dressing and packing.

I go in Thurs. to see the surgeon and have it "reworked" to speed up the healing. 600 mile trip to Dallas.
    This is not funny!!!! Thanks for the prayers. Saundra