BLM and Diep in 2 days

TulsaMomof3
TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Fow weeks I have complained about how long this process has taken now that it is 2 days away I am freaking out! I am so anxious and scared. I hope it all goes well. I hope nothing goes wrong. I hope it doesn't hurt as bad as I think it will. OMG I can't believe this is really going to happen to me! Who's life am I in?

Comments

• TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    Sending good vibes your way!
    I am thinking about you and wishing you some sort of sanity for the next couple of days. Stay strong! Tawny
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    TawnyS said:

Sending good vibes your way!
    I am thinking about you and wishing you some sort of sanity for the next couple of days. Stay strong! Tawny

Good luck TMof3!
    just think

Good luck TMof3!

just think beyond the surgery

hugs
  • ckmcclelland
    ckmcclelland Member Posts: 47
    surgery
    I was lucky and looking back the surgery was the easiest part of my treatment, better than my biopsy. I had a lumpectomy and no sentinel node biopsy due to non invasive cancer. Very little pain healing from it fortunately as they waited so long it was one week before Christmas. Waiting for the next procedure and wondering what's in store was one of the worst parts of my treatment. You'd think they could give you information and reassure you but it didn't work that way for me. Good luck! Having the surgery behind you will definitely help.
  • jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    surgery
    I will be thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way. I am having the same surgery next month and I feel just the same way you do. Please post as soon as possible when you feel better & let me know how you are doing!
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    jphilpo said:

surgery
    I will be thinking of you & sending good thoughts your way. I am having the same surgery next month and I feel just the same way you do. Please post as soon as possible when you feel better & let me know how you are doing!

Tulsa Mom
    Don't forget I had the same Doctor as you and it was done at the same hospitial.. I too was completely freaked out but i did just fine. I didn't take any pain meds after the first night. I didn't feel real pain. It was just uncomfortable.
    The best way I know how to describe it is kind of itchy.. the silk tape burned my skin and that hurt more than anything. It was like a sunburn it melted my skin .. so if your at all alergic to silk tape tell them!! You will be just fine! Just don't forget you will come out Cancer free with a new body! focus on that! I sent you my personal cell # awhile back not sure if you got it but you can call me if you have any questions or need to talk...

Calleen
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Calleen said:

Tulsa Mom
    Don't forget I had the same Doctor as you and it was done at the same hospitial.. I too was completely freaked out but i did just fine. I didn't take any pain meds after the first night. I didn't feel real pain. It was just uncomfortable.
    The best way I know how to describe it is kind of itchy.. the silk tape burned my skin and that hurt more than anything. It was like a sunburn it melted my skin .. so if your at all alergic to silk tape tell them!! You will be just fine! Just don't forget you will come out Cancer free with a new body! focus on that! I sent you my personal cell # awhile back not sure if you got it but you can call me if you have any questions or need to talk...

Calleen

I'll be praying for you and
    I'll be praying for you and sending you positive thoughts! Good luck!