Cat Scans

hilde451
hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member
I have not posted in a while. I am hanging in there. And the pet scan came out good. I have a cat scan to do, June 2nd. And seeing the Oncologist on June 9th.
So hopefully that will turn out good. We will see. I did do the zevalin in December.
So that should be my insurance policy. I am just not back to totally normal. Have my energy to get back.
I do come to this board to see how you all are doing. I pray for everyone on this board.
My Mom died of Colon cancer March 2nd. Had Hospice for her and they were wonderful.
It was not easy to say the least. Then you kind of look at it with your own immortality.
Still have very bad days. Hilde

Comments

• britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    Cat Scan
    Hilde,

I just read a post that your mothe had passed away March 2. My heart goes out to you, that must have been so hard when you were going through your own "bend in the road."

I, too, have started praying for all those on this board. Since I was diagnosed, the Lord seems so much closer. I have started reading the Psalms and find so much comfort and hope there. We serve a mighty God and all things are possible in and through HIM.

Stay well and keep us posted.

Britta
  • britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    Cat Scan
    Hilde,

I just read a post that your mothe had passed away March 2. My heart goes out to you, that must have been so hard when you were going through your own "bend in the road."

I, too, have started praying for all those on this board. Since I was diagnosed, the Lord seems so much closer. I have started reading the Psalms and find so much comfort and hope there. We serve a mighty God and all things are possible in and through HIM.

Stay well and keep us posted.

Britta
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    So Glad!
    I am so glad to hear from you Hilde and to know that you are hanging in there. Also happy to hear about your PET scan results. I had the Zevalin on April 13TH and I can relate to the tiredness. Seems like I have no stamina. I've had 2 cbc's done so far and they were normal. When did your counts go out of normal range? I also have really sore legs and don't know if this is from the treatment or not. I just hope and pray that this is well worth it. Any info you can share about your journey with Zevalin would be most appreciated. Please accept my thoughts and prayers on the passing of your mother. That is very sad and difficult. But you have your very own special guardian angel. Mary
  • hilde451
    hilde451 Member Posts: 229 Member

So Glad!
    I am so glad to hear from you Hilde and to know that you are hanging in there. Also happy to hear about your PET scan results. I had the Zevalin on April 13TH and I can relate to the tiredness. Seems like I have no stamina. I've had 2 cbc's done so far and they were normal. When did your counts go out of normal range? I also have really sore legs and don't know if this is from the treatment or not. I just hope and pray that this is well worth it. Any info you can share about your journey with Zevalin would be most appreciated. Please accept my thoughts and prayers on the passing of your mother. That is very sad and difficult. But you have your very own special guardian angel. Mary

Hi Mary
    My cbc blood work went down on the third week and kept on going down. Every week it went lower.
    At one point my wbc were only 1.1
    And platelets were only 15. I had a neulasta shot and had to take Levaquin, which is an antibiotic.
    I still have issues with my arms and legs. But Everyone is different. I myself think it is from treatment. Some may say no but like I said everyone has a different reaction.
    Thank you Mary for your kind words about my Mom. I am 64 years young and should count myself lucky to have had her this long. But you are never ready to loose anyone. But God is good. I am praying that this Zevalin treatment is the answer. We can never tell for sure but I am thinking positive most of the time. But there are days where I just sit and wonder. But it was nice to hear from you Mary. I pray that all goes well with you.
    I do have hope. Have a good night. Hilde