Born, raised, and work in the Bay Area of California, But I Live 85 miles away in Central Valley, Sa

XO143XO
XO143XO Member Posts: 23
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am just beginning this journey but if there is someone in my area that would like to become email friends from this site or just support each other on CSN or in person, please let me know. I can say I am so grateful for finding CSN and all of you. If I can help anyone locally I am willing even though I am just starting the fight. I really feel like I need to help others to help myself. Funny thing is I have always been bad at keeping in touch with family and friends via email because at work I get on average 100 action item emails a day so when I get home the last thing I want to do is look at email. Now that I am off work for awhile all I want to do is connect with women that know what I am feeling even when I don't know what I am thinking or feeling (that would be all of you). I guess this is my way of reaching out which is not what I am known for. In fact, it is very hard for me to ask for help. I have always been a very independent person. My mother, my sisters, and I always say, "I am fine" no matter what's happening in our lives. I am and have been working on breaking that pattern of denial. Okay, it's 3am and I have spent more than my share of time on the boards. Good night and good health to all. Sweet Dreams.

Comments

• CarrWilson
    CarrWilson Member Posts: 111
    Hi Kristi
    I sent you a private message, check your CSN email.

- Carrie
  • swalters
    swalters Member Posts: 33
    Born and raised
    XO143XO,

I really wish I lived in the Bay Area, but in reality I live in Michigan.
    Nevertheless, I have found that you don't need to live in the same area to become email friends. I would be happy to support you in any way I can. Send me a private message and I will respond.

Best wishes as you begin your journey,
    Sandie