CT scan results

24242 Member Posts: 1,398
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi all,
Great news no sign of bone or brain tumors. I was triple negative after all and the genetic testing comes into play. It was intersting actually to see just how many of my father's paternal family had cancer and a couple at very early ages.
But it was my father's mother who had breast cancer and I more than 25 years younger than she was at her time of diagnosis.
My oncologist isn't that happy seeing me since I do not have cancer. Funny I was told that the cancer clinic would always be there for me. There was some grey area on the scan of brain but it isn't a tumor they don't know what it was and it might have been just a blip. It would affect L side of body though if something there.
It still bugs me that the CT scan would be done of body before a scan or MRI of my arm that contains the two new lumps. She is going to include an MRI of my head because of this CT result to make sure nothing is going on there. I still suggested she put a rush on the MRI since the pain is worsening and including now my neck, shoulder and rib cage on the same side. Of coarse once again I get the feeling I am not sick enough for them to worry about this.
My own grandmother was told 5 years out chances of reoccurance slim and 10 years your cured. Just over the 10 year mark she was diagnosed with bone cancer and malignant tumors in the opposite lympnodes. I am very grateful for good news though I never was to worried about that just concerned about these two lumps that only one showed up on the altra sound.
They also believe this leg dragging problem I am having is linked to the deteriation of the 3 middle discs in my back that I new were there and obviously getting worse by the moment. They still don't know why I have this dizzie wooo thing going on and now will see a neurologist since I never have seen one.
I guess I too was surprised that she didn't feel the need to drag my files out of archives since "I don't have cancer". I thought that might help her to help me is all, guess I was wrong and feeling wrong about this too at this moment. How can doing something so right for myself can feel so wrong?
Thanks for the vent
Tara

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    So happy and so mad at the same time
    Tara, I'm thrilled to hear about your clear CT scans. I'm downright furious at how hard you have to work to get someone to pay attention to the lumps in your arm. I hope your neurologist will be more concerned about what really is causing you all this pain... I'm betting on you!

Best,
    Joe
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Aortus said:

Tara, I'm thrilled to hear about your clear CT scans. I'm downright furious at how hard you have to work to get someone to pay attention to the lumps in your arm. I hope your neurologist will be more concerned about what really is causing you all this pain... I'm betting on you!

Best,
    Joe

Thanks Joe
    I still think part of the problem still exists just as it did 14 years ago. If you do not show some signs of being deathly ill then your over reacting. Had they listened to me when I was just tired not sick all those years ago I might have the chance for an early diagnosis. Instead that doctor who told me I had a fibrous cyst and I believed him though no diagnostic testing occurred because "I was a well built woman who showed no signs of being ill or being johndis." This doctor wrote this in a letter to my GP no less than 4 times through out that letter.
    I moved to be with my lover and within two months I was so ill I couldn't get over all the illnesses and finally couldn't work and that is finally when I found a doctor to listen to me.
    Yesterday once again the doctor asked me if I was working through all of this and I informed her I worked when I was well enough that is all I can do. I Tape and Mud drywall and paint for a living so I need my right arm. Some days I can't even pick up the coffee pot with this arm because there just isn't any energy there so have to use two hands. I don't get that at all.
    I had to fight the last time so know all about it but thought maybe after all these years things might have changed but it doesn't appear to be so.
    Thanks for your encouragement Joe.
    Tara
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    24242 said:

Thanks Joe
    I still think part of the problem still exists just as it did 14 years ago. If you do not show some signs of being deathly ill then your over reacting. Had they listened to me when I was just tired not sick all those years ago I might have the chance for an early diagnosis. Instead that doctor who told me I had a fibrous cyst and I believed him though no diagnostic testing occurred because "I was a well built woman who showed no signs of being ill or being johndis." This doctor wrote this in a letter to my GP no less than 4 times through out that letter.
    I moved to be with my lover and within two months I was so ill I couldn't get over all the illnesses and finally couldn't work and that is finally when I found a doctor to listen to me.
    Yesterday once again the doctor asked me if I was working through all of this and I informed her I worked when I was well enough that is all I can do. I Tape and Mud drywall and paint for a living so I need my right arm. Some days I can't even pick up the coffee pot with this arm because there just isn't any energy there so have to use two hands. I don't get that at all.
    I had to fight the last time so know all about it but thought maybe after all these years things might have changed but it doesn't appear to be so.
    Thanks for your encouragement Joe.
    Tara

Tara
    I am happy for you. Good CT scan is a first step to find a problem. I hope MRI gives resolution and curable diagnosis and you will be healed. I think many can relate to your story because we have been told many times by medical professionals "you do not look ill", "you made a remarkable comeback and doing very well", ""you tolerated Chemo very well and just need more physical activity".
    You are an inspiration for many of us and I hope you pain will go away.
    Wishing you a good weekend,
    New Flower
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

Congrats on the clean scans!
    Congrats on the clean scans!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

Congratulations! Good news!

Congratulations! Good news!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

Clear CT scans! Great!
    Clear CT scans! Great! That is what we all pray for!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Aortus said:

Best,
    Joe

Very good news Tara!
    Very good news Tara! Congrats!

Big hugs, Leeza
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jnl said:

Very good news Tara!
    Very good news Tara! Congrats!

Big hugs, Leeza

This is beyond great news!
    This is beyond great news! This is superlicious news! ( doubt that is a word LOL )

Sue :)