Really conerned now!

hamish1
hamish1 Member Posts: 34
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had a lumpectomy in Nov. 09. The tumor in breast was very sm. but malignant, 12 lymph glands removed, (only 1 malig) Approx. 3 weeks after the surgery, the bottom half of my breast became red and hard.. I have swelling, but no pain. I have since had chemo (4 treatments) had a skin biopsy to rule out any other type of cancer, ultra sound, no liquid or tumors detected. The doctor won't begin my radiation until these symtoms are gone. Surgeon says it is scar tissue. Ultra sound says possible "chronic infection" Have been on antibiotic 3 times. Has anyone else ever had this same issue? At my wits end!

Comments

• SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    think pink
    Hi there,

I haven't been through what you're experiencing but wanted you to know you were heard.

The decision making is tougher than going through it I've found.

I hope you're feeling better very, very soon!

JoJo
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51
    if you get overly
    if you get overly frustrated, a second opinion is always a good option. good luck to you!
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

if you get overly
    if you get overly frustrated, a second opinion is always a good option. good luck to you!

Sounds like an infection.
    I'm sorry for the delay in your healing and glad they did not find another form of bc. I agree that you should get a second opinion.

Roseann
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

if you get overly

I am sorry that this is
    I am sorry that this is happening to you and has you so scared. If you don't feel satisfied with your doctor, maybe you should get a 2nd opinion. Good luck!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

think pink
    Hi there,

I haven't been through what you're experiencing but wanted you to know you were heard.

The decision making is tougher than going through it I've found.

I hope you're feeling better very, very soon!

JoJo

It probably is an infection
    It probably is an infection which they can give you antibiotics for. Hope it clears up for you real soon!