Liquid radiation treatment

rcbert
rcbert Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Thyroid Cancer #1
My daughter is 12 years old and diagnoised with papillary carcinoma when she had her radiation treatment she was given liquid, I see alot of people on this blog were given pills. Does anyone know is there a difference?

Comments

• BellsAngel69
    BellsAngel69 Member Posts: 104 Member
    Liquid
    I was given a liquid cocktail to drink when I had my Radio-Iodine treatment in the hospital. The other tests I had they gave me a pill. I think they use different forms for different test and procedures.
  • weberdns
    weberdns Member Posts: 154
    I think
    There is no difference. Many places give it differently. Possibly because of her age they decided on the liquid. I believe it is the same radioactive iodine!
  • nasher
    nasher Member Posts: 505
    weberdns said:

I think
    There is no difference. Many places give it differently. Possibly because of her age they decided on the liquid. I believe it is the same radioactive iodine!

6 of one
    from what i have been told the difrence from the liquid to the pill is negligable

depending on lots of factors one or the other may be given

personaly when i get my radiation i hope its in liquid form cause i hate pills
  • weberdns
    weberdns Member Posts: 154
    nasher said:

6 of one
    from what i have been told the difrence from the liquid to the pill is negligable

depending on lots of factors one or the other may be given

personaly when i get my radiation i hope its in liquid form cause i hate pills

I had pills
    They said that they prefer capsules whenever possible because it takes 30 minutes for it to become active and you can avoid exposing your driver. Children get the lliquid because they are afraid that they can't take the capsule only by swallowning
  • nasher
    nasher Member Posts: 505
    weberdns said:

I had pills
    They said that they prefer capsules whenever possible because it takes 30 minutes for it to become active and you can avoid exposing your driver. Children get the lliquid because they are afraid that they can't take the capsule only by swallowning

liquid vs pill
    i got liquid myself and i asked the doctor about it

the answer i got is there IS NO difference

the pills just hold the liquid vs giving the liquid straight

depending on alot of things depend on how they decide to give it to you.

on larger doses they tend to want to use pills if you have a habit of throwing up its easyer on your system. but the liquid is easyer for them