Hair care product line

rene9
rene9 Member Posts: 214
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, does anyone use a particular hair product line? Mainly because the products are paraben and sulfate free? I've been researching and organics seems better, then being african american I will still need products that will provide moisture to my scalp and hair. So, far my beautician recommends Kimble which is found at Target and online. Any other suggestions? My oncologist said I can use what I was using before...

rene9

Comments

• JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    You could check out the
    You could check out the website goodguide.com It has info on lots of different products and tells you if they contain known carcinogens. I use Jason shampoo, which you can get at Walgreens. Good luck!
  • rene9
    JanInMN said:

You could check out the
    You could check out the website goodguide.com It has info on lots of different products and tells you if they contain known carcinogens. I use Jason shampoo, which you can get at Walgreens. Good luck!

Thanks!
    Thanks JanlnMN!
  • Scotch Freckles
    Scotch Freckles Member Posts: 273 Member
    I ended up with the Rod
    I ended up with the Rod Stewart look every morning after my hair finished changing. I just began using the Aveeda line of hair products. So far my hair doesn't look like I stuck my finger in a light socket every morning. Aveeda has online consultants to answere questions. Give them a try.
  • rene9

I ended up with the Rod
    I ended up with the Rod Stewart look every morning after my hair finished changing. I just began using the Aveeda line of hair products. So far my hair doesn't look like I stuck my finger in a light socket every morning. Aveeda has online consultants to answere questions. Give them a try.

Thx!
    Ok thanks!
  • arkansasgirl
    arkansasgirl Member Posts: 84
    HAIR PRODUCT
    Hi

After I lost my hair from 6 treatments of chemo, my daughter bought me some Paul Mitchell
    Generic Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner. It has worked great and my hair has come
    back in so soft. My friends and family could not believe how fast it was growing back. You can get it at Sally's. It cost like $6 a bottle but it is well worth it. I will mention it does not have the greatest smell but as long as it worked I didn't care.

Best of luck to ya.

Arkansasgirl
  • dianebraun
    dianebraun Member Posts: 51
    ask your hair stylist. my
    ask your hair stylist. my daughter has curly thick hair and he gave me advice for her. i had my hair cut very short before my chemo and he told me i would be using the wrong haispray with my new cut. if your stylist doesn't know, he should know someone who knows the answer. good luck!
  • Emilyfimily
    Emilyfimily Member Posts: 141

HAIR PRODUCT
    Hi

After I lost my hair from 6 treatments of chemo, my daughter bought me some Paul Mitchell
    Generic Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner. It has worked great and my hair has come
    back in so soft. My friends and family could not believe how fast it was growing back. You can get it at Sally's. It cost like $6 a bottle but it is well worth it. I will mention it does not have the greatest smell but as long as it worked I didn't care.

Best of luck to ya.

Arkansasgirl

Hey Arkansasgirl
    Is the tea tree oil supposed to help it grow in faster or better? Is it fairly gentle on the skin? If so I might get some.
    Hey, I have AR in my blood. My family goes way way back - Hartford and Midland area. They tell me our blood's got a darker tint than normal because we've got coal dust in our blood (:
  • arkansasgirl

Hey Arkansasgirl
    Is the tea tree oil supposed to help it grow in faster or better? Is it fairly gentle on the skin? If so I might get some.
    Hey, I have AR in my blood. My family goes way way back - Hartford and Midland area. They tell me our blood's got a darker tint than normal because we've got coal dust in our blood (:

TEA TREE OIL
    Hi Emilyfimily

I can tell you it made my hair grow back ASAP. Even my daughter could tell in a few days.
    It is gentle on the skin too. You want believe how soft it made my hair. I had very
    curly hair. When wet it looked like I had 3 perms but I kept it very short. As of right
    now its about an inch on top and not curly at all which I love. I always kept my hair short
    so since it started coming back in starting in Dec, I've already trimed it about 3 times.
    I was born in Morrilton but lived in North Little Rock. I still have a lot of family there
    but as of now I live in Dallas. And yes I fly those Razorback flags in Texas.LOL
    I think you will see a difference if you try it.

God Bless You,

Arkansasgirl
  • arkansasgirl

Hey Arkansasgirl

TEA TREE OIL
    Let me know if it helped you if you get some.

Arkansasgirl
  • Emilyfimily

TEA TREE OIL
    Let me know if it helped you if you get some.

Arkansasgirl

Thanks, I'll try to find
    Thanks, I'll try to find some this weekend and will see what happens.

Haha! - funny about flying the Hogs flags in TX. :D
    Woooo pig sooie!!

Take care!
  • kickie
    kickie Member Posts: 85

Thanks, I'll try to find
    Thanks, I'll try to find some this weekend and will see what happens.

Haha! - funny about flying the Hogs flags in TX. :D
    Woooo pig sooie!!

Take care!

what a cute picture
    Love your pic and what a great smile, hugs to you on no more chemo, and might i say my dear you look marvelous!!!
  • Emilyfimily
    kickie said:

what a cute picture
    Love your pic and what a great smile, hugs to you on no more chemo, and might i say my dear you look marvelous!!!

thankyou!
    Thanks, kickie!! What a nice thing to say!
    PS Is that a little beagle in your picture? *very* cute. I melt for dogs :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    JanInMN said:

You could check out the

The site that JanInMN
    The site that JanInMN recommended is good. Lots of different shampoos.

Leeza
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Back in 2007
    when I was diagnosed,a friend gave me Nioxin hair care as a get well gift and I really liked that-made my head feel soo good too!