Yippie done with radation treatments and how to color my hair??

kickie
kickie Member Posts: 85
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Tuesday i finished my treatments which were 33 in all. I danced and sang, I am free, free at last!!! My girls gave me flowers and i cried and hugged everyone. To all the new ones and gals that are going thru this, hang in there you can do it. Love and hugs to you all!!!

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations!
    It is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, of pure joy! Celebrate. So, what color are you considering?

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations!
    It is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment, of pure joy! Celebrate. So, what color are you considering?

Sue

dance dance dance. congrats.
    dance dance dance. congrats.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations!

Sue

Congrats on finishing!
    Congrats on finishing!
  • hopeful in tally
    hopeful in tally Member Posts: 56
    As you end this chapter in
    As you end this chapter in your journey ... I am beginning my radiation treatments on Wednesday. Actually, I think I am getting "marked" on Wednesday .... a little info on what to expect???? Cannot color your hair during radiation treatments? Anything else you can't do? I am so happy for you as you move on with your life. We are stronger people from this experience and I get "hope" from this website on a daily basis! Lots of hugs to all my "sisters"!
  • kickie
    kickie Member Posts: 85

As you end this chapter in your journey ... I am beginning my radiation treatments on Wednesday. Actually, I think I am getting "marked" on Wednesday .... a little info on what to expect???? Cannot color your hair during radiation treatments? Anything else you can't do? I am so happy for you as you move on with your life. We are stronger people from this experience and I get "hope" from this website on a daily basis! Lots of hugs to all my "sisters"!

it will be ok they just mark
    it will be ok they just mark you where the beam will hit your tumor, it took me 5 minutes to get mine done treatment done. everyone is so wonderful and i know your anixous but you will do just fine. keep me update and wishing and sending love your way. I was told by beautican today to go organic on hair color for a year and my hair dark blonde so thought it is one inch and a quarter, i think i will do the ellen look and spike it!! LOL
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Big congrats!
    Hugs, Leeza

Big congrats!

Hugs, Leeza
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    jnl said:

Big congrats!
    Hugs, Leeza

Big congrats!

Hugs, Leeza

hurray
    See, I'm beginning to understand what being done with rads must feel like. I've got 12 done out of 35. It's not horrible, but it will be nice to be done.

It's so encouraging to read posts like yours that say yippee, I'm done.

I'm very happy for you. Go enjoy and live a lovely life.

Victoria
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    aisling8 said:

hurray
    See, I'm beginning to understand what being done with rads must feel like. I've got 12 done out of 35. It's not horrible, but it will be nice to be done.

It's so encouraging to read posts like yours that say yippee, I'm done.

I'm very happy for you. Go enjoy and live a lovely life.

Victoria

I only have 7 left...
    WHEW what a long haul!!! But not as bad as I thought it would be. Hang in there Victoria!
    We'll be cheering you on! I just found out that the last 4 will be focused on my scar only, so that's good news since that area is NUMB and has no burning.

Let us know how you're doing and how long it takes to heal, please.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Mama G said:

I only have 7 left...
    WHEW what a long haul!!! But not as bad as I thought it would be. Hang in there Victoria!
    We'll be cheering you on! I just found out that the last 4 will be focused on my scar only, so that's good news since that area is NUMB and has no burning.

Let us know how you're doing and how long it takes to heal, please.

I am so happy for you!
    I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member

Congrats Kickie!

Congrats Kickie!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations!

Sue

I am dance, dance, dancing
    I am dance, dance, dancing to your good news!

♥ Noel
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    kickie said:

it will be ok they just mark
    it will be ok they just mark you where the beam will hit your tumor, it took me 5 minutes to get mine done treatment done. everyone is so wonderful and i know your anixous but you will do just fine. keep me update and wishing and sending love your way. I was told by beautican today to go organic on hair color for a year and my hair dark blonde so thought it is one inch and a quarter, i think i will do the ellen look and spike it!! LOL

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Congrats to you! You must
    Congrats to you! You must be so very happy, as you should be!
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    DebbyM said:

Congrats to you! You must
    Congrats to you! You must be so very happy, as you should be!

Finishing rads is a great accomplishment! Congratulations!

Kristin ♥