I have missed you, my Kindred Spirits!!!!

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello, my brave, stronger than you ever thought you would have to be Kindred Spirits! I have missed you all so much! I have been out of town for a week, and honestly, although I took my laptop with me, by the literal ( as opposed to the proverbial) end of the day~ I was tooo exhausted to log on! I had some pretty good intentions, but they fell by the
wayside.

I had a great time away~ we went to San Diego where Reggie was part of the cultural program at a Native American conference~ he is in a Native ceremonial drumming group, as well as a singer along with 7 other men of traditional social songs sung in their Native Chumash language. It is always so impressive to hear them! We also attended workshops and dined, drank and laughed with fellow attendees ! One of the host Tribes reserved the Hard Rock hotel for music, dancing, drinks and fun! Whoooo hoooooo!

This is going to be another busy week~ dentist appointment tomorrow (ugh), and then on Thursday, Reggie is singing at the annual dinner which honors one of the matriarchs of the Tribe. We are going to Malibu where Reggie is performing at a Pow Wow on Saturday and Sunday, and on Monday morning I fly to Sacramento to spend a week with my sister and brother, and Oh Yeah! I'm going to a Yankee game!

So, if you don't see me often, you have an idea why!

Welcome to the new ones on the boards~ it has wisely been said that "You are our past, and we are your future"...we have walked your path and felt your fears, and we will hold your hands and guard your hearts through your journey.

To my long-time friends....you already know how I feel about all of you~ I just needed to touch base and say hello!!

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

• fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Chen
    So good to hear from

Chen
    So good to hear from and it is so great for the newbies to see how "normal" life can become. It doesn't mean we don't still worry but it's not our main focus. And so happy that you are having a great time. All these activities sound so fun. And I always feel a part of them as you relate them to us.
    Thanks for being that special, special lady you are. And enjoy the Yankee game.
    Stef
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Welcome home, Chen. I have
    Welcome home, Chen. I have to say when you are not on the board, you are missed by many, not just me, I'm sure. Glad you had a wonderful time!! It's always fun to read your posts and see what you have been up to. Sorry about the dentist tomorrow but it sounds like more fun to follow. Enjoy!!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I knew you were having way
    I knew you were having way to much fun! But sorry about going to the dentist tomorrow. :>(

Or should I post... :>O
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Missed you and your wit,
    glad you are out having fun (except for the dentist, of course!) I'm a NY'er so - go Yanks!

Sue
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Chen <3</b>
    So good to hear from you again - you have been missed!

But it sounds like you've been well-occupied and that you also have some wonderful plans for the week ahead.

Enjoy your life (except the dentist, of course), take care of yourself and Reggie, and check in when you can!

Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159

Chen <3</b>
    So good to hear from you again - you have been missed!

But it sounds like you've been well-occupied and that you also have some wonderful plans for the week ahead.

Enjoy your life (except the dentist, of course), take care of yourself and Reggie, and check in when you can!

Cindy

Perhaps I shouldn't have
    Perhaps I shouldn't have said UGH about the dentist~ it's actually a visit I rather like...teeth cleaning!

I will indeed check in when I can; thanks for all of your kind words, sisters!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    chenheart said:

Perhaps I shouldn't have
    Perhaps I shouldn't have said UGH about the dentist~ it's actually a visit I rather like...teeth cleaning!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Welcome home
    Claudia, we missed you so much. I am glad that you had great vacations. Good luck with cleaning tomorrow.
    New Flower
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    chenheart said:

Perhaps I shouldn't have

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Ahhh, Kindred Spirit...
    Your usual life busy-ness is inspiring to us all. :-)

Kindest regards, 12/25 xo
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    OH--It sounds wonderful. A
    OH--It sounds wonderful. A new normal life full of adventure and love. Thanks for reminding me that some day it may be possible for me and all our pink sisters. ENJOY and take care. Marilyn
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Just want to say hi, Chen.
    Just want to say hi, Chen. xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Was Wondering About You
    I was wondering about you and how you have been. Glad you are having fun. I love going to Pow Wows. My favorite being the Red Earth Festival. That was such an exhilarating experience. To see everyone dancing in a circle with all the regala was truly a site to behold. Thanks for checking in.

P
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    You must STILL be having fun!!!
    We have so many new ones here, but the longer-timers are missed when time passes beween posts.

I think there should be a check in rule - everyone must, at least every 2 weeks, because we care so for each other.

Sue
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Hey Chen,
    Nice to hear about all your adventures! Reggie's group and your trip to San Diego sounds wonderful. I love how you're always off on another journey. Great to touch base with you!

Mimi
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Hi, Claudia, I was looking
    Hi, Claudia, I was looking for a post from you--was a bit worried about you. Thanks for updating us. Like Steff, it's fun for me to enjoy through your descriptions of the different events you and/or Reggie participate in.

Take care, 50-Foot Woman!

p.s. As I promised Reggie, I AM going to watch The Blind Side.
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    mimivac said:

Hey Chen,
    Nice to hear about all your adventures! Reggie's group and your trip to San Diego sounds wonderful. I love how you're always off on another journey. Great to touch base with you!

Mimi

hey
    to all of you!! I haven't been on here much BUT have kept up on facebook with alot of you!! hummm where is Chen hiding??

BTW Julia is having some scares so hopfully one of you who is close to her is in touch with her!! I haven't seen her post lately what the results were...

Calleen