I can hear the music and I have my dancing shoes on....

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had my 1st mammo today. "Nothing to be concerned about, please schedule in 6 months." So, I asked to see the films. Looked good to me! I see my surgeon for a follow up next week and I expect him to formally introduce me to NED.

I have read all the posts about him - the little dreamboat - and I have our dance all planned. Since I'm 'a lady of a certain age', our dance is gonna be like the spotlight dance on Bandstand. The song I hear playing? Anne Murray's "Can I have This Dance?" (for the rest of my life....)

My hubby dove me to the appt - it's about an hour, and I just was so distracted, I didn't want to drive. He dropped me off at the door. After close to 2 hours, he was frantically looking for me, thinking that if it took so long, it couldn't be good. But, I came out beaming and we finally both exhaled.

Thank you, all of you, for your courage, love, support and advice. I hope I can encourage others as you have me,

Respectfully,

Sue

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Sue
    I think that's a perfect song choice for your upcoming dance!

Thanks for sharing your good news, and I look forward to hearing how your dance with NED feels!

Cindy
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Notoobeca
    Sue,

I certainly hope your surgeon uses words that are more convenient for me than "Nothing To Be Concerned About." The best acronym I can come up with is that you'll be dancing with a tall, handsomely dressed African king named "Notoobeca."

Still better than my nerdy Nert!

:-) Traci
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    congratulations on your NED
    congratulations on your NED report! What wonderful news!
  • sbmly53
    TraciInLA said:

Notoobeca
    Sue,

I certainly hope your surgeon uses words that are more convenient for me than "Nothing To Be Concerned About." The best acronym I can come up with is that you'll be dancing with a tall, handsomely dressed African king named "Notoobeca."

Still better than my nerdy Nert!

:-) Traci

Notoobeca -
    Am I allowed to wear red patent leather stillettos when I dance with the African king? I AM a stickler for protocol....

Chuckles,

Sue
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    elm3544 said:

congratulations on your NED
    congratulations on your NED report! What wonderful news!

mandatory
    I think red patent leather stilettoes should be mandatory. I can just see your dance with your fine African king, so stately and proper with just a hint of something sensual.

Enjoy!!

Victoria
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Sue
    I think that's a perfect song choice for your upcoming dance!

Thanks for sharing your good news, and I look forward to hearing how your dance with NED feels!

Cindy

Congrats!
    Congrats!
  • ms_independent
    ms_independent Member Posts: 214
    YEAH
    Congratulations!! Have a great dance!!!!

Hugs, El
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    sbmly53 said:

Notoobeca -
    Am I allowed to wear red patent leather stillettos when I dance with the African king? I AM a stickler for protocol....

Chuckles,

Sue

You will be dancing with
    You will be dancing with NED! And, that is the best dance ever!

Lex♥
  • Youcandothis
    Youcandothis Member Posts: 79

YEAH
    Congratulations!! Have a great dance!!!!

Hugs, El

Hey ladies
    I love that more and more of these pleasing guys are out there! NED and NERT and NOTOWA need to be super busy dancing. Bring on those red stilettos!
  • sbmly53
    Updating....
    Move over Chief, NED is cutting in! It's official.

Sue
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Updating....

Sue

Congratulations Sue!!!!!!!!!!!
    Are you still wearing the red stilettos?

So happy for you - Enjoy your dance whatever the attire. May your dance last you a lifetime!
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Updating....

Sue

Dance the night away!
    Congrats! Just dance the night away!
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Put on
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Put on them dancing shoes and show them how it's done!!!!

Blessings...
    Julie
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    jbug said:

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Put on
    WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!! Put on them dancing shoes and show them how it's done!!!!

Blessings...
    Julie

YES!!!!
    Congrats Girlie!!!