Working from home soon

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just got word that the work home agreements were signed by the director of where I work and now it is in HR and will go to the IT(computer department) by Friday and then equipment will be given to us to use at work for at least a month so it seems like they are looking for us to work from our homes by June 1st.

I don't know how I feel about this but will try it and still go to lunch at the facility one day a week so I can see other people and keep my sanity.

Margo

Comments

• meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    You're going to love it!!
    You're going to love it!! Trust me. I have been working from home for the last 6 years, and i love it, although they are threatening to make me go back in. Remember the snow? Well, you get to work at home in your jammies. The best perc, i was home every day when my daughter got home from school, i was up with her in the morning and did not have to rush around to get ready for work. My daughter is now in college and she still loves me being around for her. I do have friends, family, and neighbors that i do interact with, and i plan lunches out with people. Oh, yeah and no more rushing around with dinner. Just about every night there is a full dinner going. I also have time to do things with my older son. Enjoy..
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Me too..
    I will begin to work from home as of June 1. This will be a big change for me too but I am hopeful that I will enjoy having the extra time I used to spend driving back and forth to work and the extra $$ I will have from not having to buy clothes for work..

I think it may be a blessing for me during this time of my life..

Best,
    Dot
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Dot53 said:

Me too..
    I will begin to work from home as of June 1. This will be a big change for me too but I am hopeful that I will enjoy having the extra time I used to spend driving back and forth to work and the extra $$ I will have from not having to buy clothes for work..

I think it may be a blessing for me during this time of my life..

Best,
    Dot

Oh yeah, i forgot about
    Oh yeah, i forgot about the$$$$ you save working at home. The biggest is car expenses, because of course you do not have to drive every day. Besides gas, it also saves on wear and tear, miles on your car. Clothes too, just invest in some nice pjs and sweats. And, I will admit that some days, I do not even take a shower!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Working without leaving the house
    This is wonderful, Margo. A big adjustment for sure, and I bet you will want to visit some so as to stay in touch with your coworkers. You'll probably be loving it soon...working from your own (100%) house, in your jammies or whatever. No dress code!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Gotta give it a try...
    Major adjustments which are forced upon us - not of our own choosing - usually take some time to get used to... Like many other situations, there are both pros and cons here.

Pro: You regain some of your own time (example: eliminating the commute).

Con: You'll miss the interaction with your coworkers.

Knowing you the way I do, Margo - you'll make it work for you, make the best of it.

Kindest regards, Susan