Miracles Do Happen (Off Subject)

BlownAway60
BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well we had found a good home for Lucky. We were going to give her to a 7 year old boy and his family. They came over Saturday and we let them take her for a play date. They brought her back about 0830 PM. The little boy loved her sweet disposition. We had asked the mom not to tell him that we were going to give him the dog. We wanted it to be a surprise. They had some issues and could not pick her up until Tuesday. We got the surprise on Monday morning when we got up at 0530, the dog was not in the yard. When she had gotten out before she stayed right around the house. My dear husband searched for miles around our house and I searched again when I got home from work. We could not find her any where. She has vanished into thin air. The mom had not told the little boy yet that we were giving him the dog but he so wanted her and she said he talked about her all of the time. I had taken pictures of her to post while we were searching for the perfect home and they will use those pics to continue the search for her now. The mom has to find a way to tell the little boy that the dog is gone. I surely do not envy her that task.

We tried to make sure that Lucky would make someone a great friend but I guess she had to find her own way.

Hugs

Donna

Just got a call from the family we were giving the dog to. They had gone to the vets office to drop off a flyer about the dog and some one had been ther earlier about a found dog and left a phone number. It was that darn Lucky Dog. They called the people who had taken her in and they were going to bring the dog to the vets office. Needless to say I talked to one really happy 7 year old kid. I guess she is a Lucky Dog after all.

Hugs

Donna

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    What a wonderful story.

What a wonderful story.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    When you first posted the
    When you first posted the first part, I couldn't reply. This is my biggest fear for our dog. She has ran through open doors several times but I was always close behind to chase her. I'm afraid she will get out sometime and I won't be there to catch her. I'm glad Lucky is safe.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Marcia527 said:

When you first posted the
    When you first posted the first part, I couldn't reply. This is my biggest fear for our dog. She has ran through open doors several times but I was always close behind to chase her. I'm afraid she will get out sometime and I won't be there to catch her. I'm glad Lucky is safe.

Great story
    I am glad that Lucky has been found.
  • TawnyS
    TawnyS Member Posts: 144 Member
    I am so happy!
    I have been thinking about that dog! We have a runner! Once she gets off her leash it is over with! She's gone. Luckily she likes car rides more than running! We just hop in the car and drive around...open the door and she jumps in! It is funny that you called Lucky a Houdini dog....that's we what call ours. When we go camping and have her hooked to the camper, if we go in or get out of her sight for just a moment she can get out of a double lead choker collar and full harness and take off. Amazing! And a pain! But we love her! Lucky is very lucky!