has anyone had the transflam reconstructive surgery?

chrisorpinel
chrisorpinel Member Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I had the transflam reconstructive surgery. has anyone had this surgery and if so does the weirdness on the stomach ever go away? my husband is afraid to touch me cuz hes afraid he may hurt me. Anyone out there had this surgery and will it go away?

Comments

• jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    I had my surgery almost one
    I had my surgery almost one year ago, and the abdomen does get better with time. I can't say that mine feels the same as before surgery, but it is so much better than it was four or six months ago.

Joyce
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    jk1952 said:

I had my surgery almost one year ago, and the abdomen does get better with time. I can't say that mine feels the same as before surgery, but it is so much better than it was four or six months ago.

Joyce

Tram Flap
    I had my Tram Flap surgery on Sept. 11,2000. I am very happy with my results but I have to say that I am always aware of my stomach. It remains numb but I'm ok with that. You do get used to it. I feel "tight", like a pulling and as the day progresses, and the more bloated I get, the tighter it feels. Even though I feel this, I'm happy that I did the Tram. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail me here and I will try to help you. HUGS!!! Cathy
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    cruf said:

Tram Flap
    I had my Tram Flap surgery on Sept. 11,2000. I am very happy with my results but I have to say that I am always aware of my stomach. It remains numb but I'm ok with that. You do get used to it. I feel "tight", like a pulling and as the day progresses, and the more bloated I get, the tighter it feels. Even though I feel this, I'm happy that I did the Tram. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail me here and I will try to help you. HUGS!!! Cathy

Mine
    was July 2009, and it still feels weird and numb. Sometime's my belly itches and when i scratch it i can feel it on the inside?? But yes you do get used to it and yes I'm happy I chose this. I look like I have six pack abs! Not bad for a old gal... I also sometimes feel little annoying shooting pains but my Plastic Surgeon said it was those nerves reconnecting. It's only numb though between my incison and top of my new boobies. Below the icision I feel sensation.. (thank goodness!)

Calleen
  • chrisorpinel
    chrisorpinel Member Posts: 8
    Calleen said:

Mine
    was July 2009, and it still feels weird and numb. Sometime's my belly itches and when i scratch it i can feel it on the inside?? But yes you do get used to it and yes I'm happy I chose this. I look like I have six pack abs! Not bad for a old gal... I also sometimes feel little annoying shooting pains but my Plastic Surgeon said it was those nerves reconnecting. It's only numb though between my incison and top of my new boobies. Below the icision I feel sensation.. (thank goodness!)

Calleen

Thanks Ladies. its been
    Thanks Ladies. its been since the end of November since i had my surgery. Im getting more and more comfortable i guess. and i am getting used to it. but its weird. i get an itch and i scratch but the itch is still there. funny. the weirdness is at the incision line all the way up to my new boobies, plus i don't wear underwires anymore. i tried but its to much pressure on the muscle that crosses over.. not that i have to wear a wired bra but i tried no can do...
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    free flap
    I had the free flap, and my tummy is also numb. The itch that can't be found drives me nuts sometimes, but my real issue now is the muscle wall is now so thin, my intestines are pushing out and causing me discomfort. I may need to have it corrected surgically, but am still trying to just deal with it for now. Anyone else have this type of issue?
    Cat
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    cats_toy said:

free flap
    I had the free flap, and my tummy is also numb. The itch that can't be found drives me nuts sometimes, but my real issue now is the muscle wall is now so thin, my intestines are pushing out and causing me discomfort. I may need to have it corrected surgically, but am still trying to just deal with it for now. Anyone else have this type of issue?
    Cat

Vicki, I'm so sorry that you

Vicki, I'm so sorry that you have another problem. You've had a long road to recovery: it just shouldn't be this hard.

I haven't had the problem, but it probably helps me that I have some extra fat that keeps everything in place. I do sometimes have sharp 'discomfort' (not really pain) in my abdomen, and I wonder if there's something wrong. After it goes away, I tend to forget about it. So far, it hasn't been too bothersome.

Joyce
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    jk1952 said:

Joyce

I haven't, but, wanted to
    I haven't, but, wanted to wish you good luck!