Ok, so I just have to BOAST...

2»

Comments

• heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    Congrats! And you give hope
    Congrats! And you give hope to those of us still on the journey! Enjoy your dinner with your sons, you certainly have reason to celebrate!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Mama G said:

WOOHOOOO!!
    You are my inspiration!!! I'm only 3 weeks behind you.
    Tell me I'm not going to bake alive, please!
    Also, keep up with what happens next. It's nice to have someone like you leading the way for someone like me. God bless and GOOD LUCK! Enjoy your din din celebration!

Mama G
    Ok, now you make me feel like a guinea pig, lol. I didn't bake alive and nothing much happened to my skin until the last 4-5 treatments. My chest area mostly got tan with a few red blotches, but my underarm got pretty bad. I was on a clinical trial for Biafine, which was great because I never had to pay a dime for cream :) They gave me Silvadene cream to use under my arm and it's starting to get better. I also got away with wearing a bra the entire time, but boy did I look forward to taking it off when I got home from work! As you already know, everyone is different and there's no telling what your skin will do. My rad doctor did say that I'm not fair skinned and that usually helps. I'll look got yout pody in three weeks! It's gonna fly by and I hope you get by as easy I did!
  • Marlene_K
    Chrispea said:

Yeah!! Congrats!!
    Have some

Yeah!! Congrats!!

Have some wine with that dinner! ;) You deserve it!!

THANK YOU!
    Thanks so much, ladies!! It truly feels wonderful to get cheered on by so many wonderful women that have or are taking the very same journey!

I laughed and just had to share that I posted the end of my treatments on Facebook and a friend of mine commented and at the end said "now all your worries are left behind you". It's funny how little we know about cancer until we have it! Although to be perfectly honest, I don't plan to harp on it. I don't want to think about the possibilities day in and day out. There is not a person on this entire planet that can be sure they won't wake up tomorrow and have cancer and yet they don't let it run their lives.

I fought it, I beat it and it's time to start living again!

Lots of love, Mar
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Marlene_K said:

THANK YOU!
    Thanks so much, ladies!! It truly feels wonderful to get cheered on by so many wonderful women that have or are taking the very same journey!

I laughed and just had to share that I posted the end of my treatments on Facebook and a friend of mine commented and at the end said "now all your worries are left behind you". It's funny how little we know about cancer until we have it! Although to be perfectly honest, I don't plan to harp on it. I don't want to think about the possibilities day in and day out. There is not a person on this entire planet that can be sure they won't wake up tomorrow and have cancer and yet they don't let it run their lives.

I fought it, I beat it and it's time to start living again!

Lots of love, Mar

What a relief!!
    I'm so happy for you.

Take care,
    Victoria
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Mar
    I'm glad you're finished. It flew by, right? I'm on day 12 and all is well. Stay well.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    laurissa said:

Hi Mar
    I'm glad you're finished. It flew by, right? I'm on day 12 and all is well. Stay well.

Thanks Mar!
    I'm already at that RED sunburned looking skin, so I'm concerned about the next 3 weeks.
    20 down and 13 to go. YES I CAN DO THIS!!! Hopefully my skin can handle it! Did you peel? itch? blister? I might have to ask about those creams. I'm using prescription strength cortisone and aquafor. The parts being attacked aren't as bad as what they call "scatter". My back and my shoulder are the worst areas of all. Go figure...
  • Marlene_K
    Mama G said:

Thanks Mar!
    I'm already at that RED sunburned looking skin, so I'm concerned about the next 3 weeks.
    20 down and 13 to go. YES I CAN DO THIS!!! Hopefully my skin can handle it! Did you peel? itch? blister? I might have to ask about those creams. I'm using prescription strength cortisone and aquafor. The parts being attacked aren't as bad as what they call "scatter". My back and my shoulder are the worst areas of all. Go figure...

Mama G
    I peeled a little bit and didn't itch much either fortunately. I also didn't blister. Yes, perhaps you need something else other than what you're using. My armpit is definitely my worst and it stinks because my arm is always down. Just can't get myself to walk around with attitude like my tech suggested, lol. By the way, MamaG, that was supposed to read "I'll look for you post in three weeks"... not sure what happened there!

And YES, Laurissa, it does go very fast. Makes you wonder how fast time flies by even when you're NOT having fun :)
  • God Heals
    God Heals Member Posts: 11
    Ok, so I just have to BOAST...
    Congrads... I graduated from Radiation on 12 April... great feeling... still doing Herceptin till Sept--but that's EASY... I am taking Arimidex...
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    what a relief!
    feels good huh? (except for all the burning...but that will get better too) So glad you are feeling well enough to celebrate with the family. It will all be uphill from now on.
    Hope your celebration lasts through the weekend!
    Cat
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    cats_toy said:

what a relief!
    feels good huh? (except for all the burning...but that will get better too) So glad you are feeling well enough to celebrate with the family. It will all be uphill from now on.
    Cat

Marlene give yourself a big
    Marlene give yourself a big hi-five from me. I'm right behind you. I love to hear such good news. I'm already thinking about how I want to celebrate my victory.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Marlene give yourself a big
    Marlene give yourself a big hi-five from me. I'm right behind you. I love to hear such good news. I'm already thinking about how I want to celebrate my victory.

Time to Celebrate Marlene! ♥
    ♥CONGRATULATIONS!♥☺CONGRATULATIONS!☺☻CONGRATULATIONS!☻♥CONGRATULATIONS!♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    cats_toy said:

what a relief!
    Cat

Congrats on finishing rads!
    Congrats on finishing rads!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    A little late...
    But, nonetheless sincere...

Big congratulations, Mar! Awesome accomplishment, and not an easy one.

Kind regards, Susan
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    KayNYC said:

Congrats on achieving your milestone
    You and the other Pink warriors ahead of me, are my inspiration. I begin rads within the next next few weeks. Have a super celebration and keep your eyes on the prize.
    K

Good luck to you KayNYC with
    Good luck to you KayNYC with your rads!