Lets do a Cookbook

just4Brooks
just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I was thinking (no jokes). We should do a cookbook by people with cancer, NED, Caregivers, or whatever. If you have a old family recipe or one you made up yourself or maybe comfort food. It can be anything like cake, fish or anything you what to share. I have my Great grandmothers worlds fair winning cake recipe that would just blow your socks off Please send it to me in a email to brooksponto@yahoo.com or PM me through the board here. I want to get about 100 of them. Anyone who sends one gets a free book. Please send your first name and city and state you live in so it reads “ Brooks from San Diego, Ca.. Great grandmothers worlds fair winning cake recipe” I’ll take care of the rest.

Brooks

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Great Idea Brooks!!!!
    Thanks so much!!...... I will get my recipe to you asap. This is really cool!

Jennie
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Sounds good. I'll have to
    Sounds good. I'll have to think about what to submit!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Best recipe
    Sounds good, the family would really get excited if I pulled out a favorite old time family recipe. I think they think that chemo has destroyed my cooking abilities (I want them to keep believing that for a while, because I have other things to get caught up on before I start cooking again!!!) I will be sending you a recipe soon!
    Jan
  • biglaur
    biglaur Member Posts: 72 Member
    What a GREAT idea
    I'm sending one of the few things that actually was appealing while sick...a tried and true "casserole" comfort food. Thanks for thinking this up. Laurie
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Great idea Brooks!
    I have several great recipes I can send. You can choose from them if you'd like. I'll type them up later today. I'm trying to get up some of the horrid yellow pollen that is covering every inch of every surface in our home. One room at a time.... Hope it rains soon!

Diane
  • SandyL
    SandyL Member Posts: 218

Great idea Brooks!
    I have several great recipes I can send. You can choose from them if you'd like. I'll type them up later today. I'm trying to get up some of the horrid yellow pollen that is covering every inch of every surface in our home. One room at a time.... Hope it rains soon!

Diane

hmmmm,
    I'll have to think about the best recipe to submit but I will get one sent to you, Brooks.
    I love cookbooks.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    SandyL said:

hmmmm,
    I'll have to think about the best recipe to submit but I will get one sent to you, Brooks.
    I love cookbooks.

I Love Cooking!!!
    ....When I'm not too fatigued to do it. I been showing my Shana who will be 15 this month, and Zack, who turned 10 yesterday how to cook some recipes, and how to use a microwave to hear things up, and not leave utensils and aluminum foil in it! My son, now don't laugh, has been saying he wants to be a chef since he was 5!!! Now, I didn't think this was serious, but recently, I gave him a few dollars for a school book fair, and wouldnt you know, HE BOUGHT 2 COOKBOOKS!!!! lol! He has always loved looking at cookbooks. So, we'll pick out a couple recipes, and I'll have him help me make them. He really enjoys it. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Emeril???? I told him he could be whatever he wanted in life, and yep, he sure does love those cooking shows!

I would definitely love to contribute! Should they be posted here, or email?? whats easier? I'll need some time to get it together :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    Shayenne said:

I Love Cooking!!!
    ....When I'm not too fatigued to do it. I been showing my Shana who will be 15 this month, and Zack, who turned 10 yesterday how to cook some recipes, and how to use a microwave to hear things up, and not leave utensils and aluminum foil in it! My son, now don't laugh, has been saying he wants to be a chef since he was 5!!! Now, I didn't think this was serious, but recently, I gave him a few dollars for a school book fair, and wouldnt you know, HE BOUGHT 2 COOKBOOKS!!!! lol! He has always loved looking at cookbooks. So, we'll pick out a couple recipes, and I'll have him help me make them. He really enjoys it. Who knows, maybe he'll be the next Emeril???? I told him he could be whatever he wanted in life, and yep, he sure does love those cooking shows!

I would definitely love to contribute! Should they be posted here, or email?? whats easier? I'll need some time to get it together :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

This will be a special book!
    This will be a special book! I really like your idea. Thank you for doing this for us. I am going to send an email.

Thanks,
    Lizzy
  • lmchils57
    lmchils57 Member Posts: 59
    What a great idea!!
    What a great idea! I will have to do some thinking and figure out what I want to submit or better yet I will get Scott to write down one of his dishes he makes. He has always been a good cook and loves to cook.
  • just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Shayenne said:

I Love Cooking!!!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

email
    best to send it to my email brooksponto@yahoo.com

Life is funny sometimes
    Brooks
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    I'll work on that tomorrow....
    I have a lot of good recipes that I could send.