Just checking in.....

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
So, we are back to America from Holland. We go again the end of June. We came back to water damage in the house, and a heater that was on the fritz. But now it's beautiful weather here, and things are getting done. WHEW!

I love seeing my family and friends here. Both 'homes' are grand! I have been lurking and reading here on CSN, just feel that I am so far out from treatment that I don't have much to offer...it will be 4 years post-treatment for me in June.

Hans is good, the new pacemaker is doing GREAT. WHAT a year last year was...and the last 5 for that matter, starting with the colorectal and breast cancer, thru the rest with Hans' heart and my daughter's passing!!!

I send all my love to you warriors in the thick of the battle. I guess all I can say is keep your eye on the prize...your life back! Believe me, it WILL happen!!!

Hugs to all, Kathi

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    So good to see you post,
    So good to see you post, Kathi. I think of you often, and wonder what kind of adventure you are into at the moment. Life does go on after treatment, and everyone should set you as an example to follow.....live every moment to the fullest, and don't take any second for granted. I am almost two years out from diagnosis, and still have aches and pains related to the treatment....not the disease. Howsever, every day I look for something exciting to concentrate on...albeit it large are small. For those still in treatment, know that the end will come, and you will have a life again. Just hang in there. Kathi, so glad to have you back in the States, but I know when you are here you also miss your home in Holland. It sounds like such a fairy tale life, and I know you deserve it. Hugs to all this glourious morning. Judy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi, Kathi, and welcome home.
    Hi, Kathi, and welcome home. You do have an amazing life and it's always great to read about what you are up to. You are also an inspiration to those of us with a bc diagnosis. It does give us hope to see the multi-year survivors such as yourself, Chen and Stef, just to name a few. So, please do continue to post and share your knowledge with us. I'm looking forward to a NED status in a couple of months and even looking more forward to becoming a multi-year survivor!! Take care of yourself.
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hi Kathi! Just thinking
    Hi Kathi! Just thinking about all the 'old' posters and what they are up to. I'm 6 years out of treatment! There is always someone here who could use your advice but life should come first. Sounds exhausting going back and forth. Makes me want to take a nap. B>o
    Hugs back.
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Marcia527 said:

Hi Kathi! Just thinking
    Hi Kathi! Just thinking about all the 'old' posters and what they are up to. I'm 6 years out of treatment! There is always someone here who could use your advice but life should come first. Sounds exhausting going back and forth. Makes me want to take a nap. B>o
    Hugs back.

Glad you are home
    Kathi,
    Glad you are home and are closer to all of us.
    I too think of you often.

Hugs,
    margo
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Glad you are home
    Kathi,
    Glad you are home and are closer to all of us.
    I too think of you often.

Hugs,
    margo

Welcome back home
    Kathi,
    Thank you for posting. You have been offering emotional support and you love for life and we all appreciate it. Being 12 months out of invasive treatment I believe it is a important element for BC survivorship.
    I have not been on a plane since my mastectomy due to lymphedema, I am working on it.
    Sorry that your house was damaged. Yes, the weather is very nice in LA now and some of us who are lucky to live here have been enjoying it.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Welcome back home
    Kathi,
    Thank you for posting. You have been offering emotional support and you love for life and we all appreciate it. Being 12 months out of invasive treatment I believe it is a important element for BC survivorship.
    I have not been on a plane since my mastectomy due to lymphedema, I am working on it.
    Sorry that your house was damaged. Yes, the weather is very nice in LA now and some of us who are lucky to live here have been enjoying it.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Welcome back, Sorry about
    Welcome back, Sorry about the problems you came back to. What do you mean nothing to offer ??? You are one of many who helped me through. You have plenty to say and offer. Keep posting love to hear from you.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    welcome home Kathi!
    I know you are fairly close to me, your "other" house is in Riverside right? and the weather is great, but I bet you wont say that in August!
    Glad to hear all is going well with you, and I hope you aren't ready to leave us completely, you will be missed!
    Cat
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Just checking in to say hi,
    Just checking in to say hi, friend. xoxoxoxo Lynn